1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 21 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Kizer Megatherium!

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Knives Megatherium, Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, May 25; winners will be drawn on Sunday @5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Bilton Review

Discussion in 'Himalayan Imports' started by EricTheRedBeard, Mar 8, 2019.

1. EricTheRedBeard

EricTheRedBeard Basic Member Basic Member

May 17, 2018
    Thanks Yangdu!

I made the Bilton Soup the same way I make beef stew.
    I cut up some onions, carrots, celery, potatoes, and biltong (using my Bilton knife)
    Put it all in a big pan with water and salt & pepper
    I let mine cook all night on low so the potatoes fall apart and thicken the broth.

If you don't have Biltong any beef will do. It might actually taste better with plain beef rather than Biltong. Maybe some others will chime in with some other ways to elevate stew.

2. Dino in Reno

Dino in Reno

Jul 16, 2005
    A bottle of dark beer, or better yet porter along with the water. The rest as above, or as you like to make it.
    Tam (Tamela, my wife) uses this as one of her three stew types.

EricTheRedBeard likes this.
  3. ndoghouse

ndoghouse Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 26, 2010
    Right on Dino! I pour at least a whole Guinness Xtra Stout in my stew.

4. EricTheRedBeard

May 17, 2018
    Good thinkin Dino. I like to put a beer in the pot instead of water or broth when I make a roast. It only makes since that it would be good in stew too. Pretty much same ingredients. THANKS GUYS!

5. ndoghouse

ndoghouse Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 26, 2010
    Remember! Beer goes in the stew! Dont forget that;)

6. EricTheRedBeard

May 17, 2018
    HaHa! I was never much of a beer guy. I preferred them spirits that gets you into the deep trouble. I hear yuh though. Today is day 74. Taking it a day at a time. Thanks for thinking about me!

P.S. Can't wait for that Dhankute. Its a special one.