Bladeshow advice

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by rcb2000, Feb 1, 2016.

1. rcb2000

rcb2000

Apr 15, 2014
    Morning All
    I have a few questions about Bladeshow from much more experienced hogs..

As far as schedule goes,, when do all the Busse events happen? My plan is to drive down super early Friday morning,, stay two nights, then drive back Sunday night. But if there's a Busse event usually Sunday,, I'd need to get a room that night as well.

Also, looks like the Waverly is already booked,, what place do y'all usually stay at?

I'm sure I'll have more questions, but trying to get ahead on the trip,

Thanks in advance!

2. zmbhntr

zmbhntr ̿' ̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿''̿ ̿ Gold Member

Jul 28, 2014
    It's totally worth the trip!

I believe quite a few people will attend Fogo de Chao for dinner on Thursday the 2nd. The big Busse dinner event with the HOG inductions will take place on Saturday night. There is stuff going on Friday night as well, but I'm not sure about Sunday night since I flew out Sunday afternoon last year. If you plan to arrive on Friday, I would suggest that you arrive as early as possible. The show opens to people with early bird tickets at noon on Friday; however, the line to get in starts forming by 6am, and by noon the line is massive. You really don't want to miss getting a good spot at the Busse table for the initial trough event and getting to see all the special stuff they have on the table. I stay at the Renaissance Waverly, but there are a lot of hotels nearby to choose from.

3. Lycosa

Lycosa

Aug 24, 2007
    Just start drinking. The booze will guide you.
    :D

4. rcb2000

rcb2000

Apr 15, 2014
    Good to know, thanks!
    Sounds like I should drive down Thursday, get a head start on Friday.
    Not too much going on Sunday evening huh?

Oh Im making my liver do push ups in preparation..

Last edited: Feb 1, 2016
  5. bullpin

bullpin Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 8, 2010
    This is a good post. I'm looking for the same information. What's the best hotel to stay at?

6. aceinaz

aceinaz Gold Member Gold Member

May 30, 2010
    You don't want to miss Thursday night. Fogos is a big deal. Past Sunday morning, everyone cleans up and packs up in the afternoon, as far as I know there's no events.

7. rcb2000

rcb2000

Apr 15, 2014
    Good to know,,, thanks brother

8. MikeH

MikeH

Oct 18, 2001
    The biggest advantage to attending Fogos is that it is the best opportunity for a first-timer to meet a lot of the Hogs and Piglets face to face, so you know who you are knocking down at the
    trough.

Trough tip: You will see an aged, feeble, gray-bearded guy who has lost his agility, balance and ability to score cards. It would be a kind act of charity to let him grab one occasionally.

9. rcb2000

rcb2000

Apr 15, 2014
    Ha, noted sir

10. zmbhntr

Jul 28, 2014
    I think the Renaissance Atlanta Waverly is the best IMO. The hotel lobby is where most people from Blade drink the night away in a big group (not the Busse crew, but a lot of knife nuts). The great thing about the hotel is that you can take the elevator down from your room and walk to the conference without having to go outside; not that going outside is a big deal, but if it's raining or nasty out it's one less thing to deal with. I'm pretty sure the hotel is booked full now, but it's likely that a limited number of rooms may open up a week or so from the show. I wouldn't bank on that happening though so I'd find another hotel, but it's something to keep an eye on if you want to swap hotels last minute.

11. Garth Reckner

Garth Reckner Moderator Moderator

Dec 13, 2004
    There is a really nice Sheraton right across the street as well. Might be worth checking out.

Garth

12. jd4320t

jd4320t Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 30, 2012
    Oh man, four months and a couple days. I can't wait.

13. u812

u812 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 15, 2002
    I stay at the Hampton about a block away. Around 100.00 a night. Busse crew has also stayed there the last few years.

14. rcb2000

rcb2000

Apr 15, 2014
    Thanks for all the advice guys, really looking forward to my first.

15. u812

u812 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 15, 2002
    Don't believe it guys. He has a hard time carrying all those cards. He has a 15.5 ft reach.

16. Pokey1

Pokey1

Feb 6, 2011
    Wow I didn't realize it was that close!!!! :thumbup:

17. AZTimT

AZTimT The Stripetition Finish Guy

Oct 15, 2009
    Advice? Go. Have. Fun. :D Thursday night through Sunday AM is where it's at for most. I enjoyed hanging out with the crew as they were wrapping up Sunday afternoon. Good people, indeed. :thumbup:

18. Anttheknee

Anttheknee

Feb 19, 2012
    Anyone know how to get tickets? Went on the website but there is no link for buying tickets online just for yicket information. Is it sold out already?

19. MikeH

MikeH

Oct 18, 2001
    It doesn't sell out. You can buy tickets the day of the show. This will be my 12th in a row and I always buy tickets at the show.

20. zmbhntr

Jul 28, 2014
    I don't think they have started online ticket sales yet for this year's show. It says they were supposed to start selling them at the end of January, but it looks like they are a bit behind.