Blind Horse Knives - Sheaths

Discussion in 'Fiddleback Forge Knives' started by solid4ever, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Joe Duder

Joe Duder Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 22, 2013
    Does the eyelet at the bottom come in contact with the blade at all? It looks as if it would.

2. solid4ever

solid4ever

Feb 17, 2013
    I never had a problem with mine. I've used one for a hunter, bushcrafter, and bushfinger

3. B Griffin

B Griffin Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 22, 2007
    I had one that did, but the others have been in the welt

4. catalystman80

catalystman80

May 1, 2013
    I did have an issue with one of the two rivets that ties the end of the belt loop to the sheath body, where they were placed at an awkward angle, hence, mildly scratching the micarta handle of my GNS every time I inserted or took out the knife. Just placed some layers of masking tape over it which addressed the issue as well as give some additional retention.

I have 3 BHK knives (GNS, Woodsman Pro, and the Pathfinder Scout), and in my experience, BHK sheaths are made with some spotty attention to details, and for Fiddleback lovers with elevated expectations for quality, it'll leave much to be desired.

HOWEVER, in the field, I've found them both functional and durable (the leather's pretty thick and hard), and considering the price you pay for them (free with the knife which are, or were I should say since they're no more, mostly in the mid 100's, and from anywhere from 20s to 40s if you buy the sheaths alone), I think they provide decent value. In all, for Fiddleback owners who don't want to spend 70~100 on a sheath, it's a viable option. To each his own I guess....

Last edited: Jan 29, 2014
  5. JGON

JGON

Mar 12, 2010
    My KPH fits perfectly in my BHK Camp Muk Sheath

JGON

6. Shamr0ck

Shamr0ck

Mar 30, 2012
    I believe most/all the Blind horse sheaths were made in house by the Cambridge shop. The Cambridge location became battle horse knives and I believe the leather crew is intact. Might be worth a call.

Fwiw, I stopped having BHK send me sheaths for the knives I bought from them and have Rick Lowe build mine now. Their sheaths are well executed, but I like the tighter fit Rick is able to get by making the sheath for my knife rather than a production pouch sheath.

I should have a sheath from Phil for my runt sometime this week and am looking forward to seeing it.