Blur vs Boa

Discussion in 'Knife Reviews & Testing' started by tnsant, Feb 14, 2006.

1. tnsant

tnsant

Feb 7, 2006
    I have a couple of questions. Which of the two kershaw knives would you purchase?(Boa or Blur). I have the option of either for around $60.00 both nib. Also the one thing I dont understand is the "saftey feature on the Boa." Any help would be great.

Thanks!:confused:

2. Doug Selsor

Doug Selsor

Mar 5, 2001
    Take the Boa. It's 10 times the knife the Blur is. Much better steel, too 440V vs. 440A. Also, $60 dollars NIB isn't that great a deal for a Blur. That's pretty much what you'll find mail-order. A Boa typically will run you about $125 on the internet, but that's because it's a much nicer knife.

As for the safety, it's just a little sliding switch on the handle that keeps the blade from popping open if you were to hit the flipper accidently.

Doug

3. digdeep

digdeep

Mar 19, 2005
    Don't know much about the Boa but I bought my wife the Blur and she uses it for light duty like opening parcels, envelopes, boxes and such.

For the price it's not a bad knife and the assisted opening makes it better.

4. barrabas74

barrabas74 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 27, 2005
    I think the assist on the boa is crappy and the assist on the blur is great. HOWEVER I think the boa is S60V as apposed to 440A in the blur. I like the overall package of the boa and usually you cant find them that cheap. So I would get that just because of quality.

5. tnsant

tnsant

Feb 7, 2006
    Hey, Thanks for the info I ended up getting the Boa for $66.00 + shipping brand new.