1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Bora 7 Belts

Discussion in 'Hammer & Tongs' started by redsquid2, Nov 4, 2016.

1. redsquid2

redsquid2 KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 31, 2011
    Just noticed these on Supergrit the other day, and bought a couple. Have to post them because I like the color.

[​IMG]

According to Supergrit, "If you like Norton 'Blaze' or 3M Cubitron II, you will love these purple 90% plus ceramic belts made by Deer Abrasives. These premium ceramic belts will grind the hardest steel. They require significant pressure to create fracturing of the grit and outlast most other ceramic belts. Bora7 performs best on high speed sanders like 2" X 72". It is not recommended on slower 132" long sanders."

I have not used them yet, but we'll see.

2. Mecha

Mecha Madscienceforge.com Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 27, 2013
    I like them a lot, some of the best I've used for grinding titanium alloys.

3. Kosa_PL

Kosa_PL KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 25, 2013
    I use only them in P36-P120 grit.
    They cost me 12 PLN per one ( 2,94$ ) .
    And I love them.
    Especially when working with mist cooling ( with synthetic coolant Silvergrind 3001 )
    And they love high speed. For tough work I use around 30m/s speed.
    Bevels 20m/s, IO only do slow speed on Aglomerite belts P240-P800. ( They show theyr true power when working wet)

4. Living The Dream

Living The Dream

Feb 20, 2016
    you buy in bulk? I see them at 5-6 bucks a pop

5. Kosa_PL

Kosa_PL KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 25, 2013
    They are cheap in Poland :)

6. Living The Dream

Living The Dream

Feb 20, 2016
    another reason to visit Poland. The women being number 1 reason. :)

7. JeffreyFogleboch

JeffreyFogleboch

May 13, 2009
    I like them but they still don't compare to norton blaze

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk