1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Borfas - dark chopper with lightning strike blade and fluted handle - PM

Discussion in 'Custom & Handmade Knives' started by Petr Melicharek, Jun 24, 2019.

1. Petr Melicharek

Petr Melicharek KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 12, 2015
    Hi everyone :)

Today i have here this dark chopper. It took me a bit longer than usual to finish it, because my son was born during the fabrication !! :) So get a drink for his good health and i will be back to work as soon as can :) I have beautiful daugter,great wife and now the son too ! Im happy man ! :)

Thanks for watching and see you with more knives soon :) bb Petr

BORFAS

Blade - Laminated steel -5 layeres - 1,2842 (O2) + 75ni8 Uddeholm (15n20)
    Guard - damascus - 1,2842 (O2) steel + 75ni8 Uddeholm (15n20), stainless steel spacers
    Handle - Ebony
    Average length - 32,5 cm (approx- 12,8 inches) , blade - 18,5 cm (approx- 7,3 inches).
    Blade width at widest point 60 mm (approx 2,4 inch ) mm , blade thickness 4,6 mm (0,181 inches).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

SHostetler, Chefget, i4Marc and 9 others like this.
  2. john april

john april KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Feb 27, 2006
    you have great style ! :thumbsup:

Petr Melicharek and Dawkind like this.
  3. Win Heger

Win Heger Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 29, 2000
    Congratulations on the birth of your son. I've said it before, your work is outstanding.

4. Burton Harruff

Burton Harruff

Oct 1, 2007
    Very nice.

5. Dusty One

Dusty One Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 12, 2004
    Congratulations on your new family addition....and Exceptional work as usual !!!

6. Petr Melicharek

Petr Melicharek KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 12, 2015
    Thanks you very much gentlemen :)