1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Bottle Opener Knives

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by atdegs, Aug 8, 2019.

1. cbach8tw

cbach8tw Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 9, 2006
    I of course have to be different, so look at Childress neck knives with a bottle opener on the other end. Usually 440C blades and nice handles. Small enough for pocket or belt carry. I really liked the Friction folder idea too.

benchwarmer380 likes this.
  2. atdegs

atdegs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 17, 2019
    I’m leaning towards finding something like the friction folders. I checked, and those only go up to 2.5” blades, so a little small, and no pocket clips available. I’ll be the first to admit I’m very particular though.

3. cbach8tw

Jan 9, 2006
    No problem, I do know he makes a leather sheath with a clip.

4. MMGRenovations

MMGRenovations Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 14, 2017
    I’m glad I could help make the wallet a little lighter!

surlyman likes this.
  5. cbach8tw

Jan 9, 2006
    The bug is catching.......

MMGRenovations likes this.
  6. Darth_Blader

Darth_Blader

Oct 18, 2016
    Dang it!!

An Esnyx beer buster is now on my list. I swear I can’t afford this place..

Jim

7. atdegs

Jul 17, 2019
    Right? I should just accept that I’m going to end up with one eventually.

8. abbazaba

abbazaba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 30, 2015
    I just use the butt of most of my knives.

Check out DPX knives. The built in wave is a decent bottle opener.

[​IMG]

9. fly36gti

fly36gti

May 28, 2016
    This is so true.

NapalmCheese likes this.
  10. MMGRenovations

MMGRenovations Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 14, 2017
    If your into lanyard beads they also make some to open bottles. The one I like was made by Knifeguys brew bead. Although now it might be hard to find one.

11. atdegs

Jul 17, 2019
    Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I finally ended up ordering one of these. Still might pick up a Morris or Morris-style friction folder at some point though.

[​IMG]

surlyman likes this.
  12. whitty

whitty Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Aug 25, 2005
    Seems this is mostly folders but have to say the best bottle opener I have ever used on a knife is the White River Knucklehead. I want go anywhere around water without one.

[​IMG]

13. Sonorum

Sonorum

Nov 11, 2016
    Skeletool KBX maybe?

14. CarpentryHero

CarpentryHero

Aug 12, 2019
    I use the leatherman Skeletool, fairly small, decent knife and pliers, the caribeener is a great bottle opener.

15. AntDog

AntDog Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 3, 2001
    [​IMG]

16. number9

number9

Mar 5, 2017
    Whitty just reminded me. If we're doing fixed blades, the NRS Pilot and Co-Pilot have bottle openers. Cool sheaths, too.

17. Rival1314

Rival1314 KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 17, 2012
    just finished up this titanium lime cutter this week:)
    [​IMG]

Here is one where the gentleman requested a University of Kentucky theme to the handle
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
    ShannonSteelLabs and Chronovore like this.
  18. atdegs

Jul 17, 2019
    I wish there were more folders with this handle style. I only know of a couple, the Esnyx Beer Buster which goes for something like $7-900, and the Jarosz Apple Jack which is impossible to find. Beautiful knives by the way, well done.

Rival1314 likes this.
  19. Chronovore

Chronovore Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 29, 2019
    I often carry a multitool or small SAK in addition to a knife but finding a decent knife with just the one or two extra tools you want can be a wonderful thing. I've tried a few knives with fixed cap lifters. Most paid an ergonomic price I didn't love.

I've recently looked at a few inexpensive knives that use a combined carabiner clip and bottle opener. Does anyone have experience with that style of knife? One example is the Harnds Lark. It's cheap enough that I ordered one on a lark. :p