Bought a Para 3 yesterday.

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by VicAlox74, Dec 24, 2019.

1. VicAlox74

VicAlox74

Nov 4, 2018
    I'm impressed! This is the sharpest knive out of the box I've ever had. Although I doubt when i have to sharpen it myself it will be this sharp again. Lol

Done with Benchmade. My one hand opening knives will say Golden Colorado USA Earth from now on.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2019
  2. soc_monki

soc_monki Basic Member Basic Member

Apr 5, 2019
    Bolder? Sure it doesn't say Golden? :D

Either way, congrats! I haven't had a spyderco yet that hasn't been stupid sharp out of the box. Just get a sharpmaker and you'll keep it that way

3. VicAlox74

VicAlox74

Nov 4, 2018
    :eek: Ooops!!! Yes, it does say Golden. Lol

InfamousMS likes this.
  4. soc_monki

Apr 5, 2019
    Haha! It's a great knife, I love mine. It has been used a lot, and is the perfect size for a lot of different situations. Also love my Pm2s, my Manix 2, my amalgam... Lol. Oh and my persistence, Tenacious and resilience! I can't discount benchmade though. I picked up a knifeworks m390 Contego and man is that thing impressive! Wasn't as sharp as a spydie out of the box, but some work on the sharpmaker fixed that and I really enjoy it. Always liked the 940 design, but the contego is just more... And I like more!

Not too into most of benchmade though... Seems too expensive for what you get imo. But I really love the 810, the 940, and the crooked river series. Would love a custom crooked river!

5. cabfrank

cabfrank

Jun 21, 2010
    Congrats! Which model did you get? I'm seriously considering the Lightweight.

6. VicAlox74

VicAlox74

Nov 4, 2018
    The PE G-1.

7. cabfrank

cabfrank

Jun 21, 2010
    Enjoy it!

8. BD_01

BD_01 Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 9, 2016
    I recently picked up a P3 LW and think it’s a great little knife for the price. I’ve always been partial to Spyderco’s FRN, however.

9. VicAlox74

VicAlox74

Nov 4, 2018
    What do i need to change the pocket clip to tip down carry?

10. soc_monki

Apr 5, 2019
    Torx t6 driver.

11. Blade_Hunter

Blade_Hunter

Feb 23, 2020
    And some Purple Loc-Tite, IMO, as clip screws tend to work loose.

12. soc_monki

Apr 5, 2019
    I haven't had that problem myself. I usually only use loctite on the pivot. Maybe I should go through and check my clips... I'd hate to lose any screws!