1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ka-Bar Becker BK5 Magnum Camp , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday July 27!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Week 29 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Ron Flaherty Folder , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

Buck 110 Titanium and Ram's Horn

Discussion in 'Buck Knives' started by JAGcustomknives, Mar 12, 2017.

1. skblades

skblades Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Dec 1, 2015
    This knife is awesome!! Love the work!

2. Xr6x

Xr6x Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 17, 2015
    Wow! This is the absolutely the way the 110 should be made. Right On JaG ! Great Work! 👍I truly wish I could afford one 😩

3. JAGcustomknives

JAGcustomknives Making Knives Again Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 31, 2010
    Yes! This is the one everyone has been asking for! Hand tapping thick titanium with a 2-56 tap can be daunting though. I won't add clips to these after this one!

Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
  4. JAGcustomknives

JAGcustomknives Making Knives Again Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 31, 2010
    Thank You Sir.
    You guys put out some great 110's as well!

5. afishhunter

afishhunter

Oct 21, 2014
    I like the "purple". With the blues and reddish tones, it looks color case hardened.
    The rams horn looks just right on that knife, at least to me.
    Well done.

6. Makael

Makael KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 17, 2015
    Awesome knife

7. DocT

DocT

Mar 25, 2012
    That is an awesome knife. What is the weight of the basic Ti knife?

8. JAGcustomknives

Aug 31, 2010
    [​IMG]

I re anodized it here with the intent to get a more consistent color.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2017
  9. 375dave

375dave

Nov 25, 2011
    Nothing but perfection, I like the idea that only right is good enough. As with all your knives I have seen it is beautiful in any color.

10. tiguy7

tiguy7 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 25, 2008
    Jerad, did you know that broken taps in Titanium can be dissolved with battery acid? Put the broken tap end in a sandwich bag and apply acid to the tap a few drops at a time when the action slows down. It takes a couple of days, but nothing is damaged. Nice looking knife BTW.

11. JAGcustomknives

Aug 31, 2010
    Acid was a factor in making that knife possible. I broke a few taps lol. Titanium is an amazing thing! So light aand strong and resistant to the elements.
    Thanks for the compliment tiguy7! You have done sone cool projects too!

Last edited: Mar 14, 2017
  12. gedlicks

gedlicks Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Fantastic work Jerad. I also really like the blues and I personally like the knife. I need to have you make me a ti knife at some point. That goldish one with the carbon fiber scales in equally fantastic.
    You are quite the artist. Glad to see you back making knives.

13. JAGcustomknives

Aug 31, 2010
    Thanks James.
    I am looking into methods of making these a little more affordable so that everyone can have one!

14. Xr6x

Sep 17, 2015
    sweet!👍

15. JAGcustomknives

Aug 31, 2010
    What do you guys think a 110 with satin finished ( milled not cast ) titanium with a standard, maybe stonewashed blade g-10 scales and screw together construction ( including scales) would be worth to make it affordable for most? I'm thinking $$$

Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
  16. MT_Pokt

MT_Pokt Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 21, 2014
    Great question Jarred... I'm eager to see the response.

Mine would have to have a premium steel. Not that there's anything wrong with Buck's 420; but if I'm forking out that much coin, I want a premium steel. I may be in the minority here, but I'm a user, not a piler and for that money I don't want to be standing over the stones every week.

17. pjsjr

pjsjr Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 2, 2005
    You do really great work and deserve to be compensated.

I don't think I would pay that much. I would have to see it and it would have to speak to me(probably, in several languages:D). Preston

18. Xr6x

Sep 17, 2015
    Yea, as much as I like your knives , at that price they are out of my reach cause my wife would use it to cut my arms off.

19. JAGcustomknives

Aug 31, 2010
    Agreed. A premium handled 110 wouldn't be right without a premium steel.
    I guess I can't really come up with a price until more research is done!

20. JD Bear

JD Bear Gold Member Basic Member Gold Member

Aug 4, 2015
    Out of reach before or after she cuts your arms off??? Ha! I'm in the same boat though, that's way out of my range. It sounds like our wives are related...