Buck custom shop 110, good gift?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by collecter, Jan 18, 2011.

1. collecter

collecter

Aug 21, 2002
    Hi guys, what do you think about the custom shop 110 knife that Buck Knives makes for special order? I have one and like it a lot but my taste is usually different from most peoples. I'm thinking about getting one for a gift for a good friend but he's not into knives as much as I am.

If I do it, it would in sambar stag to match his revolver grips.

What do you guys think, good gift or no?

Thanks,
    Collecter

2. ronsec

ronsec

Sep 13, 2002
    Great gift! :thumbup:

3. PG5768

PG5768

Apr 28, 2008
    Excellent gift, even if he's not in to knives. :thumbup:

4. trevytrev

trevytrev

May 4, 2010
    Sambar Stag 110 as a gift for a friend? We need to start hanging out bro:D My guess is that if he has stag on his revolver grips then he sounds like a guy who would like a 110, especially with stag scales.

5. MORIMOTOM

MORIMOTOM

Oct 29, 2005
    hell yeah!

6. brets-ftw

brets-ftw

Sep 11, 2010
    definitely, do you know if that custom shop also does blades or auto converts? cuz a buck 110 with a BG-42 blade thats been autoed is always fun lol

7. Dorito Monk

Dorito Monk

Nov 17, 2008
    If your friend doesn't want a Buck 110 with sambar stag scales, you can always send it to me. :D

8. Ballenxj

Ballenxj

Oct 30, 2010
    How could he not be happy with a gift like that? :cool:
    -Bruce

9. StretchNM

StretchNM

Dec 7, 2006
    He's got you as a friend, and you're thinking of a 110. Sounds like he would be happy as a clam with one of the best knives ever made....and a custom at that! In fact, I think for a guy who's not into knves very much, but would certainly like one, your choice can;t hardly be beat.

10. bcornelis

bcornelis

Jan 4, 2007
    Anbody over 30 would appeciate it. Over 40 would really appreciate it.

11. KeithAM

KeithAM

Dec 15, 2003
    Never given one as a gift, but I'd be very happy to receive one.

Here's mine-one of my favorite knives:

[​IMG]

12. collecter

collecter

Aug 21, 2002
    Thanks for the replies. I will place the order. Their website says delivery is 4-6 weeks which isn' too long.

I love the stag handles. Buck does a nice job with these.

Thanks

13. GWashington1732

GWashington1732 Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 20, 2009
    I love mine, I got it with Ram Horn handles and an S30V blade. I wish I'd gone with the standard or mirror polished blade though. Next time :D

14. jwlister

jwlister

Aug 27, 2009
    I was just looking at these a few days ago and was really liking the looks of the jigged water buffalo handles. Yeah these customs would make an excellent gift. I might be picking one up for myself in the next couple of weeks.

15. pepemrtnz

pepemrtnz

Oct 13, 2010
    Hmmmmmm....... I was just about to pull the trigger on a custom shop s30v 110 with finger grooves, nickel bolsters, sambar stag and was debating on rivets. Are all the rivets recessed like that? I really like them flush so after seeing this pic I may order without them. Not trying to talk bad about your knife at all man so I am sorry if it came across that way. It really looks awesome (and convinced me I wanted stag and not wood) I was just curious about the rivets.

16. GWashington1732

GWashington1732 Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 20, 2009
    My rivots are like the ones on a normal 110
    [​IMG]

17. dman62

dman62

Sep 27, 2010
    I bet he'll love it.

18. banana-clip

banana-clip

Jun 7, 2007
    Sounds like a great gift.

19. Ballenxj

Ballenxj

Oct 30, 2010
    Buck 110's with D2 or S30V Blades? Sambar Stag scales? :eek:
    What does something like this cost?
    I'm thinking maybe I should look into this. (Even though I've always been a Schrade kind of guy.) ;)
    -Bruce

20. Flatlander1963

Flatlander1963 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 28, 2008
    Sambar stag custom shop 110.......Oh yea, he's gonna like that!!!! Who wouldn't?