1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Buck Jail...

Discussion in 'Buck Knives' started by bucksway, Jul 11, 2019.

1. bucksway

bucksway Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 7, 2007
    I'm in it right now..I 'traded' for all 4 the recent Father's Day buildout pastel 112's that came to my house two weeks ago and a couple of days ago I opened up a really, really cool box from Ebay that had my new to me MOP brass frame Bareheaded 112 AND a 2005 LE 290 Rush with a Paua shell inlay..Both look very expensive but I got them from a BCCI member at a true bargain price. Further factors leading to my incarceration was telling KathyJo that I was committed to paying for the Damascus Nickel silver frame Mastodon/Elephant Ivory 112 I received right before the Blade Show..But the actual Buck that brought me to the Bar of Justice was one I found last night on the latest list from Larry Oden..a VERY, VERY rare Roe deer blade cutout 112 in Burl (that turns out was sold already) and a 312 I did have Larry pull for me. A discussion then happened with Kathy about all of recent Bucks purchased and when I had to tell about a rechargeable LED Buck flashlight I had almost forgotten about (delivery in progress) Sentence Was Passed..I am now in 'Buck Jail'..I almost made a big mistake by laughing out loud when she pointed her finger at me and told me that. It's the first time I have ever heard that expression but even I had to admit it was justified..So have any of y'all ever been sentenced to 'Buck Jail' ????? Unfortunately I don't know at this time how long I'll be in..

Don W, Daniel, Grateful and 7 others like this.
  2. jbmonkey

jbmonkey Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 9, 2011
    nope, no buck jail for me ever. I give my wife her own spending budget and I have my own. I dont bug her about her buying and she doesnt bug me about mine. you got some nice stuff there, might be worth your jail time.......

I like the term buck jail though funny.......

JSutter, bikerector, KarlG and 6 others like this.
  3. Brhowser87

Brhowser87 Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 3, 2016
    That gave me and my fiance a good laugh. I had to show her this one. Im not in actual jail I'm more on probation she says, which will be lifted when I get my gimp self back to work full time.:p:D:D

Lapedog, Makael, bucklife301 and 3 others like this.
  4. mqqn

mqqn Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 12, 2009
    Haha - never Buck Jail specifically, but I do have varied tastes.

Sounds like a great bunch of Rangers, and I would love to see some of the culpatory evidence....

best

mqqn

Makael, sassafrassdogs3 and jbmonkey like this.
  5. bucksway

Jan 7, 2007
    20190710_174924.jpg 20190628_213257.jpg 20190531_154536.jpg 20190531_154536.jpg

JSutter, skyhorse, Don W and 15 others like this.
  6. mqqn

mqqn Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 12, 2009
    Oh - that Ivory was definitely worth posting twice! Great knives - thank you!

My wife picked up a Matt Diskin Kershaw Launch 8 at Blade this year - with hand inlaid Pua - it's really nice but I have to confiscate it from her to get pictures lol.

best

mqqn

7. gedlicks

gedlicks Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 15, 2012
    I have been in Buck Jail for a couple years now but sneak contraband Bucks in on somewhat of a regular basis. I think she is onto me though.

8. Boggs

Boggs

Feb 27, 2007
    I don’t have a Kathy so I’m safe...

9. pjsjr

pjsjr Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 2, 2005
    I used to:rolleyes: :D

sassafrassdogs3 and jbmonkey like this.
  10. Larry Oden

Larry Oden

Jan 14, 1999
    There are some things that are worth a stint in jail. Buck Knives have to be high on that list!

11. bucksway

Jan 7, 2007
    Absolutely Larry! I wish I had been quicker on the Roe deer cutout but I'm really glad I got the 312 before sentencing..

jbmonkey likes this.
  12. GPyro

GPyro Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 18, 2019
    I'll trade you a 112 for some Ramen noodles. Or a pack of smokes. Your choice.

13. bucksway

Jan 7, 2007
    GPyro..are you in jail too? Yep I can trade..I got cookies !

GPyro and jbmonkey like this.
  14. GPyro

GPyro Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 18, 2019
    Not yet. But my delivery from Makael yesterday raised some eyebrows.

Thanks Mike! Totally worth it!

15. bucksway

Jan 7, 2007
    I like packages from Mike too....

sassafrassdogs3, KarlG and jbmonkey like this.
  16. gunspease

gunspease Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 9, 2002
    This is too funny, Buck has saved my ass from wife normally when a knife shows up it’s a Chris Reeve, Strider, Busse or some custom. So when my 110 showed up and I told the wife it was 77 dollars she gave me a funny look when I brought the 105 home for 28 dollars she laughed at me.
    But I need to talk to Mike about a sheath for the 105.

bucksway, KarlG and jbmonkey like this.
  17. eveled

eveled Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 11, 2016
    Two true stories about my lovely wife. Who was anti gun and knife at one time.

First one was when there was a breaking news story about a home invasion / shooting near us. Complete with a helicopter hovering over our house with a spot light.

My completely anti gun wife looked me right in the eye and said. “Get a fxxxxing gun now! And it better be loaded!” I said to her. “No, guns are evil”.

The second time we were at a mall. My daughter fell at the end of the escalator. Her loose shoe lace was getting pulled into the mechanism.

All my wife could do was scream and pull. I reached down and cut the lace. They looked at me like I was Superman.

I never get any crap about things I buy anymore.

18. pjsjr

pjsjr Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Nothing like real life to make things real

19. st8yd

st8yd Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 6, 2009
    Reminds me of when i was taklking about buying a special whistle for diving powered by air from the scuba tank and can be heard from up to a mile away, they werent cheap$80 ea iirc my wife said we didnt need to spend the money.
    Well shortly there after when my wife and I were spearfishing, we swam into the current looking for a ledge, well current changed while we were down and we came up over a 1/4 mile from the boat, at the same time the waves kicked up while we were down. Our boat was having a hard time finding us. Needless to say when all settled she said we were buying them she didnt care how much they cost.

20. honestlyinsane

honestlyinsane Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 21, 2013
    My wife used to say .
    Really another knife. It wasn't so much about the spending .
    We both had our own money to spend after bills were paid and we never questioned the other on their purchases.
    My wife is now an ex wife and I learned to keep myself in check.
    I have lost count on how many knives I have so . So occasionally I put my self in Buck jail :)