1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Week 25 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco Manix 2

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Manix 2 , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, June 22 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Week 24 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Benchmade 535 Bugout, along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

Buck knife in the movies.

Discussion in 'Buck Knives' started by DeSotoSky, Jul 15, 2018.

1. TAH

TAH Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 3, 2001
    FWIW, I'm watching a Mod Squad episode from 1972 called The Cave. Both Pete and Link are carrying a Buck 110. What is really unusual is where Pete is carrying his knife. It's in its black sheath, on a strap on the outside of his leg, directly above his right knee. Never seen that before! o_O I tried to find a pic, but only found the gif below in a scene after Pete removed his knife. Later, Link has his 110 stuck in a log with an up close shot. It's so clear, you can see the stripes in the ebony and the two brass handle pins. Pretty cool to see a 110 in a 1972 TV show. Makes me wonder if this is the first time a 110 appeared on film. Anything earlier?

[​IMG]

sassafrassdogs3 and bucklife301 like this.
  2. bucklife301

bucklife301 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 3, 2018
    I was watching Fire Down Below a couple nights ago saw a guy wearing a 112 sheath 957244D0-A95A-494D-9015-41643EE01CFE.jpeg

sassafrassdogs3 and TAH like this.
  3. Hickory n steel

Hickory n steel Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 11, 2016
    Took my dad to see John Wick Chapter 3 on opening day Friday and there was loads of blade play in this movie.
    ( Excellent movie btw )
    I saw a Buck-ish fixed blade for a split second in this epic " weapon shop " fight scene but it's hard to tell.
    With all the display cabinets full of blades I really would've expected to see at least one Buck 119 or 120, but I guess with that many blades to showcase I guess they probably just got a bunch of flea market junk wholesale.

TAH likes this.
  4. Tecate

Tecate Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 28, 2017
    I saw this movie with my wife too and now my wife understands why one Buck knife is not sufficient. :p She now fully understands why I have to have hundreds of them. ;) That knife exchange scene was hands down the best scene of the entire movie by far.

TAH likes this.
  5. TAH

Jul 3, 2001
    My son and I are going this weekend. I'll be on the look-out for that Buck.

6. bucklife301

Nov 3, 2018
    The first two John wick movies were awesome I have watched them several times I’ll wait till I get a dvd so I can watch it more than once I always miss stuff the first time I watch something

TAH likes this.
  7. Hickory n steel

Feb 11, 2016
    It was too quick to really see and there was a lot going on, but I saw something with a black handle and metal colored guard and pommel that could have been a 119.

TAH likes this.
  8. bucklife301

Nov 3, 2018
    Longmire using a 110 027F175C-3811-4480-B0D6-812ADBC231A3.jpeg

TAH, Grateful and sassafrassdogs3 like this.
  9. TAH

Jul 3, 2001
    Not just any 110. Longmire author/creator Craig Johnson's personal vintage 110. Fact! :)

mnblade and bucklife301 like this.
  10. bucklife301

Nov 3, 2018
    OIT

11. TAH

Jul 3, 2001
    OIT? o_O

12. bucklife301

Nov 3, 2018
    Old Indian Trick.

TAH likes this.
  13. The Zieg

The Zieg

Jan 31, 2002
    1988's "Stormy Monday" features a menacing Tommy Lee Jones with a Buck 112. He considers murdering Melanie Griffith with it but thinks better of the plan. Stars Sean Bean and a small but cool tough guy role for Sting. A very cool 80s noir thriller that's light on story and heavy on mood. I think I'll watch it this week.

Zieg

14. Hickory n steel

Feb 11, 2016
    In the 1989 Clint Eastwood movie Pink Cadillac Timothy Carhartt carries what appears to be a 120 General In an aftermarket Brown leather sheath.
    It could be one of those K-98 Knockoffs , but I'm not sure they ever made anything the size of a 120 general.

15. riversidedep

riversidedep Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 27, 2007
    Last edited: May 22, 2019