1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Week 25 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco Manix 2

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Manix 2 , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, June 22 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Week 24 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Benchmade 535 Bugout, along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

Buck Knives Limited Productions Just Released!

Discussion in 'Buck Knives' started by Tecate, May 21, 2019.

1. Makael

Makael KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 17, 2015
    Two knives in one. lol

jbmonkey likes this.
  2. BuckShack

BuckShack Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 19, 2015
    I would have been shocked as well. It will be interesting to find out how this happened! Really odd it made it all the way out the door.

3. st8yd

st8yd Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 6, 2009
    Thats too funny, you guys posting at the same time with the same mishap.
    Yall must be close all i got today is an email that they are on the way.

4. Makael

Makael KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 17, 2015
    They look great. This is the kind of knife you would find at one of the Buck factory sales.

5. st8yd

Mar 6, 2009
    I hope my two arent that way, NS and drop point are the only reason i got them. As i would hate to send them back being a rarity.

6. Makael

Oct 17, 2015
    you might do alot better reselling than sending them back. i dont know how many 111 frames would even be available. They might only have one material for lefts and one materials for rights.

7. BuckShack

Jul 19, 2015
    So, are they mistakes or on purpose at the factory sales? Are these on purpose or mistakes? That's what I'm interested in finding out. Clearly a disconnect somewhere... :eek:

8. plb

plb

Jun 22, 2013
    Possibly one of the better kept secrets is this little beauty that is currently available.
    [​IMG]

9. sassafrassdogs3

sassafrassdogs3 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 21, 2016
    That's not the Limited Edition, that is still available for 80$....

KarlG likes this.
  10. gedlicks

gedlicks Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Anyone get one that they don't want please let me know before sending it back.

sassafrassdogs3 likes this.
  11. Brhowser87

Brhowser87 Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 3, 2016
    I can see how this would be and unwelcome surprise for some wanting an all NS 111 but it looks kinda cool and if you don't want it I can see at least 2 buck nuts who want em b4 u send em to the factory. I'm curious if this was an accident, I just kinda doubt it.

12. Makael

Oct 17, 2015
    They will be on purpose at a sale. No mistakes but looks like marketing didn't realize these two tone 111s.

jbmonkey likes this.
  13. BuckShack

Jul 19, 2015
    I was really close to pulling the trigger on one of these, I definitely would have had they advertised it. Darn marketeers! :D

14. jbmonkey

jbmonkey Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 9, 2011
    wished I hadn't passed on one. neat knife being half and half.

sassafrassdogs3 and jmh33 like this.
  15. Makael

Oct 17, 2015
    Looks like the pic of the 111 shows both colors.

Screenshot_20190524-211948.jpg

sassafrassdogs3 and jbmonkey like this.
  16. Bruce Allen

Bruce Allen Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 18, 2018
    Just the nickel one

17. st8yd

Mar 6, 2009
    Oneway or another someone screwed up. Some how i cant imagine that Buck would intentionally mix it up and not state it as such.
    If the bolsters were intentionally mixed than someone screwed up when they filled out the order for NS or boxed them wrong.

Unles you wanted to start some kinda conspiracy theory as towhy they done it on purpose. LOL

18. st8yd

Mar 6, 2009
    That is probably the c&c offering which has been around for a while. I think they are basically the same except it is red wood and the limited production is walnut handle. I almost got it a while ago becauase of the drop point blade, but didnt want brass.
    Glad I waited just wish it wasnt $20 more. I almost waited on the NS because it was $20 more but i new at a quantity of 54 they wouldnt last.

Last edited: May 25, 2019
    jbmonkey likes this.
  19. st8yd

Mar 6, 2009
    Kinda does, I can't imagine that when the walnut was put on he didn't realize they were mixed up???? or Maybe he did????

jbmonkey likes this.
  20. mars5l

mars5l

Mar 18, 2014
    Looking at previous LE that are still for sale, why is the Painted Pony Black Smith $800? It's a 420hc steel with a very nice handle. Is it the handle material the reason it commands so much?