Bugout Build

Discussion in 'Maintenance, Tinkering & Embellishment' started by Cole Anderson, May 12, 2020.

Can you buy benchmade blades separately

1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  2. No

7 vote(s)
    87.5%
  1. Cole Anderson

Cole Anderson

May 12, 2020
    I’m looking to build my own benchmade bugout. However, before I can go about this I would like to know if I can even buy the pieces separately. Can I buy blades other things separate.

2. Old Hunter

Old Hunter Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 12, 2012
    Welcome to Blade Forums Cole. I think you managed to get into the Traditional Subforum where we talk about old style slipjoints and fixed blade knives. Many of us know very little about your question. See if you can get a Mod to move your question to where folks can give you a good answer. Welcome again! OH

3. Cole Anderson

Cole Anderson

May 12, 2020
    Hey all I looking to make a custom benchmade bugout. However, I don’t know where I can get the correct blade. I’m not sure if this is even possible. Any input is helpful. Thanks

4. Eman816

Eman816

Mar 19, 2019
    so youll probably have to buy a bugout and then from there buy hardware scales etc its very rare to see just a blade and liners for sale.

5. ScottsBad

ScottsBad Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 13, 2015
    The easiest way to get the answer is to call Benchmade.

There are a ton of different scales for the bugout available if you do an online search. Something like: Benchmade Bugout Custom Scales

I would think that you would have to buy an entire knife to get the parts.

6. fishface5

fishface5 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 3, 2001
    I think you can get replacement blades from BM, but may have to show a receipt for the knife, know anyone who has one?

7. 000Robert

000Robert Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Mar 28, 2020
    Are you looking for the finished blade, or a blank that looks similar to the Bugout that you can finish yourself?

8. Night Rider

Night Rider Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 16, 2018
    Welcome Cole Anderson, I have only seen parts like scales, clips, and hardware for sale but never blades. Yout best chance would be to contact Benchmade and ask but it would probably cost close to the price of the entire knife. You could troll around in search of a used one and pick up some custom CF scales. My Gray Man Bugout has my favorite EDC lately because of its lightness.

9. sickpuppy1

sickpuppy1 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 27, 2018
    What kind of blade are you looking for?

10. TILLER

TILLER KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 1, 2011
    I tried to get Benchmade to sell me a replacement blade for a 710 a few years ago. They would not sell the blade itself and would only replace the blade if I sent it in. They would not even let me keep my old blade.

11. razor-edge-knives

razor-edge-knives Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 3, 2011
    Bm won't sell new blades unless you turn in your old one and even then it's just in a factory steel.

I do reblade batches on 940's so far (Pic below for most recent one in m390) - I'm considering doing a batch for the bugout at some point, we'll see

[​IMG]

TomP, Oloung1, scottc3 and 6 others like this.
  12. Eversion

Eversion Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 9, 2020
    This is completely off topic but ooooooowweeeee I like that. My biggest gripe with the 940 has been the blade. Something like that might actually convince me to keep one.

razor-edge-knives likes this.
  13. scottc3

scottc3 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 11, 2014
    Wow, I can't tell thin-ness, but that is sweet Josh

Last edited: May 23, 2020
    razor-edge-knives likes this.