1. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

Buyers/Sellers: USPS delays

Discussion in 'FEEDBACK: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly!' started by P7HVN, Aug 26, 2020.

1. P7HVN

P7HVN Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 1, 2007
    Trying to reach the widest audience, hence posting here. Some USPS locations/hubs are experiencing employee-lead delays in response to the current happenings in D.C., resulting in excess delivery times.
    I’ve recently(1wk ago) sent out several padded shipping envelopes that would typically take 2-3 days, given the locations, that haven’t arrived yet. Tracking shows they sat at one hub for 4 days.
    So future sales & purchases you might want to consider requesting UPS..

2. Peter Hartwig

Peter Hartwig Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 29, 2008
    Seems like all the expected delivery dates on priority have been moved back a day or 2. Sometimes it can be much longer.

3. Richard338

Richard338 Gold Member Gold Member

May 3, 2005
    I've sent or received about 10 parcels recently via USPS and all were either on-time or 1 day late.
    I've had longer delays with UPS, but that may be due to my location...

4. KingMC

KingMC The Pun-isher Super Mod Moderator Platinum Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Not an excuse for posting a thread in the wrong sub-forum.

Moved to Feedback: GBU since that's where it should have been posted in the first place.

5. Lee D

Lee D Basic Member Basic Member

May 27, 2013
    My last two orders were 2 days late. They both sat in Omaha much longer than usual.

6. WValtakis

WValtakis Hand Engraving, Anodizing and Embellishment Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 29, 2004
    I'm continuing to support USPS.. the slight delays right now outweigh the nearly double shipping cost for a similar time frame delivery with UPS/FedEx.

7. Eli Chaps

Eli Chaps Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Apr 20, 2018
    I got a package a day early this past Friday.

WValtakis likes this.
  8. KingMC

KingMC The Pun-isher Super Mod Moderator Platinum Member

Jul 25, 2014
    I had an order ship from Utah on Saturday and it arrived Monday morning.

WValtakis likes this.
  9. gotgoat

gotgoat Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 2, 2016
    right on time here, no delays at all

10. AntDog

AntDog Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Apr 3, 2001
    Priority is taking 7-8 days instead of the typical 2-3 days for me.

Hale Storm and Matador like this.
  11. TOMBSTONE

TOMBSTONE Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 31, 1998
    It's been inconsistent

12. Therom

Therom

Nov 13, 2013
    US to Europe during COVID, I had up to 3 months and 2 weeks to be delivered

i would recommend Fedex even if it costs more

13. crowley213

crowley213

Jun 15, 2020
    My shipment of ordered sharpening equipment was shipped June 22nd from the U.S. via USPS International Priority and is now "hanging" since July 7th in Mexican customs. I cannot judge USPS solely, but shipments via USPS down here to Mexico, considering it´s local "partner" Correos de Mexico, is nothing else than a recipe for disaster. :cool:

Herbert

14. ArchVV

ArchVV Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 8, 2015
    All pkgs on time or early to Omaha (even from Finland). Most have had the delivery date overestimated then dialed back a day or two. USPS is still my go-to.

15. Gastonknife

Gastonknife

Dec 15, 2008
    It will be ok in the end, but someone taking some action to attempt to really address the long term viability of the USPS has been overdue for years. It's been high time to make some sensible decisions to run it a bit more efficiently and more business like. They have been losing billions of $$ every quarter with the last one being the worst. Cutting out some of the overtime is a first sensible step and of course the union mentality does not like that so of course - slow down. They still do a great job overall. I personally think that eliminating Saturday service would be a responsible call and really help a lot.

16. WValtakis

WValtakis Hand Engraving, Anodizing and Embellishment Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 29, 2004
    They are not "losing billions" because of waste, they're in the hole because of a ridiculous regulation that they have to pre-fund pensions for 75 years unlike ANY other entity. Also, it's not a business...it's a service like any other service branch of the government. Do we hear mention of the military "losing billions"?

17. PeteyTwoPointOne

PeteyTwoPointOne Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 10, 2014
    We need to rectify that...time for an invasion.

Monaco and Luxembourg are begging for it if ya ask me...

Send in Delta Force to either <or both> of 'em and it's over.

The profit margin would be prodigious... ;):p

USPS delivery times still reasonable in TN. :thumbsup:

I agree with Chip...upside of choosing USPS over the boys in brown is still strong in my region.

Likewise, the local postal workers are friends of mine and I feel good about continuing to send business their way. :)

18. Jsega51

Jsega51 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2015
    USPS delivery times have been hit or miss. I’ve had packages show up early, on time, and a few days late. Packages I’ve sent have arrived in the same fashion.

UPS has been the same exact way so I can’t see any difference between shipping options.

woodysone and WValtakis like this.
  19. tinfoil hat timmy

tinfoil hat timmy

Aug 21, 2014
    USPS operates independently of the United States Government.

They're a business, run for profit.

20. coinbuysell

coinbuysell Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 29, 2014
    I had a first class package take 2 weeks to ship from TX to VA by way of San Juan, PR and I personally handed my postman another one yesterday (hoping that last one was a fluke) that is still not tracking BUT my Priority are all running normal so it seems they are focusing on the higher revenue packages. I almost sent the one yesterday by Priority just to be sure it did not take too long, but it was a 1 oz $30 item so I cheaped out...not again for a while.