Camillus Electrician Mods?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Mandolin., Jan 31, 2021.

1. Mandolin.

Mandolin.

Jan 31, 2021
    I've had a Camillus Electricians knife for a while now, love this knife but it's starting to wear down. I found it all rusted in an old shed, so it took some bit of work but it's been what I carry for about 9 months now.
    Been thinking about modding it. Replacing scales, bolsters, pins, all of that.
    I've never done a real knife mod though, so I want to ask for either advice, links to places that would help, or hell even just telling me what to do. And in advance, I'm quite young so sorry if I'm frustrating or just unknowing of some things, trying to learn what I can slowly but surely lol.

2. SteveC

SteveC Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 13, 2017
    JohnDF likes this.
  3. BDubbs

BDubbs Gold Member Gold Member

May 25, 2020
    I think you should probably get some experience on a few knives you care nothing about if your doing it yourself. I have no exp in this area but I wouldn’t start with a keeper knife.

4. Tyson A Wright

Tyson A Wright Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 9, 2020
    Storm 8593, Jack Black and Nature Boy like this.
  5. glennbad

glennbad Knife Moddin' Fool Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 13, 2003
  6. Sacto

Sacto Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 27, 2017
    I don’t think you’re frustrating anyone. There are lots of good tips in the threads that were linked above.

I can add that the ones that I’ve done have all had 3/32” pins.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 1, 2021
    meako, Bastler, Storm 8593 and 5 others like this.
  7. meako

meako Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 4, 2006
    This one with Jotoba wood...by Esnyx
    [​IMG]

8. hornetguy

hornetguy Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2015
    I don't remember if this one was a Camillus, but it had a broken screwdriver blade, so I drilled and punched out the pins, and turned it into a single blade. It is almost exactly the same size as a GEC 15. I put (IIRC) wenge wood handles on it. I have more pics of it during the process, but I'll have to find them....

[​IMG]

meako, JohnDF, Bastler and 3 others like this.
  9. Frailer

Frailer Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 25, 2009
    I wish you much luck. I was lazy and asked Glennbad to do mine.

59948365-C4C9-4EE3-B2D2-712BDFB8CCBA.jpeg

meako, JohnDF, Bastler and 3 others like this.