Camping up Ten Mile Creek

Discussion in 'Becker Knife & Tool' started by ironborn, Aug 10, 2014.

1. ironborn

ironborn

Oct 9, 2012
    Took the family camping up Ten Mile Creek. The creek runs out of the Coast range South of Yachats, where my wife's GGGrandparents built a cabin in the 1920's. Cabin is still there--and many in the family have honeymooned there over the generations, including us. Anyway, driving six miles up the creek into the range, there's an unmarked campsite used primarily by Fish & Wildlife for fish counting. These pics were taken just as the sun was coming up:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I tried to be helpful by processing wood for the fire....but didn't have the foresight to pack either an axe or a saw. But if a beaver could do this without a BK2, then I sure as hell had no excuse!
    [​IMG]
    Sheer dogged stubbornness took over at some point, but God I wish I'd brought along a 9....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My pops sent me an old Lakota Hawk from his collection--I didn't think I'd like it given the odd ergos, but in the hand it really makes sense....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

All in all wonderful trip and incredibly calming for all of us, aside from the elk I spooked driving up the creek.... Hope you guys enjoy these pics, I'm glad I get to share them with you!

2. The Warrior

The Warrior Insane Viking Moderator

Mar 11, 2011
    Looks like a blast man. Beautiful area, thanks for sharing. Just something about water running over the rocks that I love. :thumbup:

3. Darksidedenny

Darksidedenny

Feb 2, 2014
    Beautiful,looks like good time...oregon is on my list.thanx for sharing

4. Ethan Becker

Ethan Becker Moderator Moderator

Sep 1, 1999
    Looks a grand time...... A classic blade, bacon in iron, a wood fire, a lovely patch of natures great beauty......... Wow who can ask for more...... Thanks for taking us along.........

E

5. Murphnuge

Murphnuge Moderator Moderator

Feb 27, 2010
    Ewok territory isn't it? I need to hit up the PNW.

6. zakjak221

zakjak221 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 3, 2010
    Looks nice n peaceful.
    Great to hear that running water for me as well.
    Thanks for sharin!

7. ironborn

ironborn

Oct 9, 2012
    Thanks gentlemen--I appreciate the kind words. And yeah Murph, sometimes the landscapes out here look downright alien or primordial.... Makes me want a speeder bike real bad....

8. budazz

budazz

Feb 27, 2013
    perfect place!! i cant wait till it cools off a bit i wanna go camping so bad

9. TBL

TBL

Dec 26, 2013
    Look out for Ewock's!

Great photo's, Thanks for sharing!

10. trailbum

trailbum Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 18, 2010
    Good stuff.

11. dcbowtecher

dcbowtecher

Jan 21, 2010
    Good deal...

12. tman038

tman038

Dec 21, 2011
    nice pics. looks like a great time. beautiful area. thanks for sharing.