1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Week 25 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco Manix 2

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Manix 2 , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, June 22 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Week 24 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Benchmade 535 Bugout, along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

Can I carry fixed blade knives in Massachusetts?

Discussion in 'Knife Laws' started by CHForge, Mar 25, 2019.

1. CHForge

CHForge

Mar 23, 2019
    So I'm all new to the knife laws, but this is one thing I wasn't sure about. I volunteer at renaissance fairs and I'd love to have a period correct knife on my belt for added effect, I just don't know if I'd be able to carry or not. The knife I want to carry on my belt is a seax, with a blade length of 5.5 inches, it isn't a clip point, and I wouldn't be unsheathing the knife at any occasion during the fair. But again I just want to make sure I cant get in trouble for carrying it, and if it is illegal, please let me know what i can use instead.

2. 420 Stainless

420 Stainless

Mar 5, 2019
    "A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed"

That said, evidently MA has no regard for the 2nd Amendment.

The venue for the fair may have rules governing participants.

Here's a link on MA knife law:
    https://knifeup.com/massachusetts-knife-law/

Limits on Carry
    • It is illegal to carry, open or concealed, switchblades, dirks, daggers, stilettos, ballistic knife, double edge knives, and knuckle knives.
    • It is illegal to carry anything that is perceived as dangerous while disturbing the peace or being arrested.
    • Folding knives, Swiss army knives, and kitchen knives are legal to carry as long as you do not behave in a way that makes them dangerous.
    There are a few more details to the law that can’t be explained in bullet points. Read below for the full explanation.