1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Carbon Fiber Vantage

Discussion in 'JAG Custom Knives' started by JAGcustomknives, Apr 5, 2012.

1. JAGcustomknives

JAGcustomknives Specializing in The Buck 110 Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 31, 2010
    Here's a special request from a customer for a Carbon Fiber Vantage,
    The hardest part was clearancing for the blade pivot and frame screws. There's a picture of an inverted stock scale on the right of the first picture to show what I mean.
    A Vantage is a nice, affordable, modern knife.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. miyamoto musashi

miyamoto musashi

Jun 25, 2006
    That looks mighty fantastic as all get out! Wooo Whooo! Anybody make a titanium slab for one of these yet? Make it a ti framelock? That's what I wish I could do to mine.

3. JAGcustomknives

JAGcustomknives Specializing in The Buck 110 Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 31, 2010
    That could be tough !

4. Seals

Seals KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 12, 2007
    Ive done these.They are a super pain.Be a lot easier with a milling machine.Lots of inside fitting.Right?Great job!

5. ThirdTooth

ThirdTooth

Mar 21, 2012
    I did a pimp on one of my vantages and I didn't do the blade pivot deep enough so it fucked up the lockup and centering. not a big deal except I stripped the pivot screws head so now I can't take it back apart! ARGH!

6. Seals

Seals KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 12, 2007
    Tooth,Maybe you could cut a slot in it with a dremel cut off tool.Might be worth a shot.

7. ThirdTooth

ThirdTooth

Mar 21, 2012
    hm. never thought about that. might giver it a try, thanks!

8. JAGcustomknives

Aug 31, 2010
    Oh to have a milling Machine!

9. TEFL0N_D0N_81

TEFL0N_D0N_81

Feb 23, 2011
    Curious. How much for a Carbon Fiber Vantage?

10. JAGcustomknives

Aug 31, 2010
    $135 Shipped Don

11. w8lftr87

w8lftr87

Jun 3, 2012
    Is that $135 for the whole knife or just for the CF scales?

12. JAGcustomknives

Aug 31, 2010
    The whole knife. For perfect scale fittment, they need to be finished installed.

13. aspect2001

aspect2001

May 3, 2008
    Would I be able to mail you a Vantage that I already own, and if so how much would it cost? Are you doing these in any other materials like G10 or micarta? Your work looks great.

14. JAGcustomknives

Aug 31, 2010
    I could do that. CF would be $110 shipped. G-10 or micarta $85. Thanks for the compliment :)

15. JAGcustomknives

Aug 31, 2010
    I should have one of these in stock very soon

16. JAGcustomknives

Aug 31, 2010