Case Copperheads- pics and experience wanted

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by EngrSorenson, Jan 18, 2021.

1. EngrSorenson

EngrSorenson Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Jul 3, 2019
    Boy howdy, you’re not kidding. That’s drive me up a wall!

2. HEMI 49

HEMI 49 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 9, 2018
    I thought about you when I posted it..... I've got some Valium and white noise CD's being overnighted to your house...... Hope they help:D:thumbsup:!!

guy g and EngrSorenson like this.
  3. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    That's pretty bad. I'd send that one back. :(

4. HEMI 49

Aug 9, 2018
    Yes, it is leaning like a drunk at 2 AM...... !!

guy g, Wharn, JohnDF and 1 other person like this.
  5. Fixall

Fixall Gold Member Platinum Member Gold Member

Mar 26, 2018
    Yep yep, our first child is expected in April. Pretty stoked about it. :)

I’m not the biggest fan of peach seed, but I really like the color of the amber bone. CV is a aesthetic requirement for me, so it doesn’t leave a lot of other choices with this release. I’ve never given much thought to having a Case recovered... That’s an idea... Dang you...

6. Misplaced Hillbilly

Misplaced Hillbilly Gold Member Gold Member

May 16, 2018
    :D:thumbsup: Congratulations!

EngrSorenson and Fixall like this.
  7. EngrSorenson

Jul 3, 2019
    its a fun modification. I normally wouldn’t consider it for a case, but the idea of having a custom trim and brought up to snuff appeals to me.

congrats, by the way! I’m sitting next to my two- almost three!- year old and I am sure you’re gonna love fatherhood.

guy g and Fixall like this.
  8. Fixall

Fixall Gold Member Platinum Member Gold Member

Mar 26, 2018
    Thanks guys! :D

I mean heck, why not? I have well over a dozen custom handles for my Spydercos, Benchmades, ZTs, etc, and many of those cost more than the knives themselves. Why not recover a Case. Hmm... I have a TC barlow that I had planned on having recovered soon. I just might have to give some thought to having a Case recovered while I'm at it. Maybe some dinosaur bone... Thanks!

9. jmh33

jmh33 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 16, 2003
    I think I am going to hold out to see what other ones come with a Wharncliff blade..:p Although I do like the Antique Bone Rogers Corn Cob Jig..:cool: We will see..;)
    John

guy g likes this.
  10. longbow1968

longbow1968

Sep 9, 2020
    Along with scales, you know you probably have too many knives when the shield is the reason you may or may not buy one. :D With Case I prefer either the oval or the bomb style. Once they stray much beyond that I am out. I have a nice Mini-copperhead that has what they call their “Celebration Shield” that to me looks like the Batman emblem.

guy g likes this.
  11. HEMI 49

Aug 9, 2018
    I finally succumbed to my better senses and requested a RA from Case..... In less time than a blink of the eye Case sent me the RMA via email...... I got the knife in a box and $4.80 later it was on it's way to Bradford..... I'll post some glossies of it after I get it back......

mbkr, guy g, CelloDan and 1 other person like this.
  12. EngrSorenson

Jul 3, 2019
    I feel better knowing it was too much for you to let it stand- I do judge my own persnickety nature by my knife enthusiast brethren and what they will put up with.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2021
  13. HEMI 49

Aug 9, 2018
    I knew you would nag me to death until I got that blade centered..... I promised the wife I'd be around until I hit 80..... With your intense barrage I'd never last 8 more years.... So it had to be done.....:eek:

mbkr, guy g, CelloDan and 1 other person like this.
  14. pistonsandgears

pistonsandgears Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 12, 2011
    [​IMG]

15. TAH

TAH Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 3, 2001
    Case "Safari" with ebony handle. :)

[​IMG]

16. HEMI 49

Aug 9, 2018
    While all the wailing and drama surrounding my Yellow Delrin Copperhead was unfolding, I ordered another Copperhead..... It arrived today and is probably a 99% knife...... Centering is between the fog lines, walk and talk is fine, it was reasonably well sharpened, etc, etc....

It is a very nice knife that I believe anyone would be proud to own...... Attached are a couple 8x10 glossies..... Case did a great job .... I'm happy! 20210204_164228.jpg 20210204_164242.jpg

17. Catdaddy2

Catdaddy2 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 12, 2019
    That is a beauty for sure.

Boxer .45 and TAH like this.
  18. Pàdruig

Pàdruig Live and Let Die Platinum Member

Dec 1, 2016
    The Copperhead was not at all on my radar until my wife scooped one out of the passaround box here. It is an RR but really nicely built, my wife took to it like a fish takes to water - she loves it! With that sort of enthusiasm, I scooped up a Case one that I believe is from the recent release (got it from @JTB_5) and my wife fell for that one too.

My wife has never been opposed to knives but she has never taken to a pocket knife like these. As a result, I am more than willing to continue feeding that enthusiasm so I will definitely be picking up a few more throughout the year.

Personal impressions are that it is a very comfortable frame in hand and I think Case executed the Clip main very nicely. I'd share pictures but my wife is away for the evening and she took the knives with her. :D

19. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Absolutely gorgeous! :cool::thumbsup:

Boxer .45 and TAH like this.
  20. Tigerden

Tigerden Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 1, 2019
    @HEMI 49 that Kirinite is a dandy! I just pulled the trigger on the Abalone Copperhead. Very pricey but the Copperhead is one of my favorite patterns and I have never owned a case with the Abalone scales.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2021