Case Copperheads- pics and experience wanted

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by EngrSorenson, Jan 18, 2021.

1. HEMI 49

HEMI 49 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 9, 2018
    Thanks Tiger!!.... it is a dandy pattern for sure..... Please post pictures when you receive yours...

Last edited: Feb 5, 2021
    Tigerden likes this.
  2. Will Power

Will Power Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 18, 2007
    My experience with CASE Copperhead knives is limited to the Mini Copperhead (shown) and 3 Mini Copperlocks and one full size Copperlock. All have been very well finished with no problems at all. The Mini Copperhead is a small knife 3" but unlike some small GECs doesn't come across as toy like. The Mini Copperlocks offer a good sized blade and compact carry lockback, huge range of scales. The full size I didn't care for, too long thin and skimpy-well made though.

CASE Copperlock knives as recently released from the vault are different from Böker's, and I think the RR variant is based on that, the Böker is certainly worth looking into if you fancy the pattern Clip/Drop-Point. Queen also made Copperhead knives some with a liner-lock.

Whatever the make, a Copperhead always offers one big plus point: shielded tang so no more ripped pockets :thumbsup::)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 5, 2021
  3. Misplaced Hillbilly

Misplaced Hillbilly Gold Member Gold Member

May 16, 2018
    Speaking of the pass around box I haven't forgotten, I've been so busy with work and rain I haven't had much opportunity to get pics taken. On top of that a knife I had ordered just to include was delayed in the mail:mad::thumbsdown:My boss picked 2 out and she nabbed one I had my eye on lol. Please be patient with me guys, I'll be starting the next round Sunday. Sorry for the delay!

Pàdruig, Will Power and guy g like this.
  4. Catdaddy2

Catdaddy2 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 12, 2019
    Just arrived.[​IMG]
    The f&f was pretty good. Not perfect but I'm satisfied with it. Spring on the secondary blade is just slightly proud .

Jolipapa, mbkr, Crazy Canuck and 9 others like this.
  5. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Case copperhead I received this week, but it's not one of the new models from the Vault. If I'm reading the tang stamp correctly, it's a 1998 model sent to me as a generous gift (thanks, Steve)! At 4" closed, I think it's a bit longer than the new releases, and the pen secondary is in front of the Wharncliffe (almost lambsfoot?) main, so both nail nicks are on the mark side. I really like the EZ open notch, too.
    EZ49.mark.Vflat.main.alleystair.jpg

- GT

Jolipapa, mbkr, Pàdruig and 11 others like this.
  6. jmh33

jmh33 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 16, 2003
    Black Sycamore wood single blade!! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: Coming April..
    John

7. Tigerden

Tigerden Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 1, 2019
    Dug deep and picked up the 2021 Vault Abalone version. No complaints. The wharncliffe blade was what closed the deal for me.

Case Copperhead Abalone .jpg

mcc850, Spaten, Matt_WY and 16 others like this.
  8. jmh33

jmh33 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 16, 2003
    That’s fine!!:thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:
    John

Tigerden likes this.
  9. longbow1968

longbow1968

Sep 9, 2020
    I forgot about this one. Do any of you have the “Magician’s Knife” from 2008? Red on one side, green on the other (not my photo).
    [​IMG]

10. Pàdruig

Pàdruig Live and Let Die Platinum Member

Dec 1, 2016
    I did not realize that the RR was based off the Boker version - that RR feels great in the hand, so I ordered a Boker version just now. My wife is going to start rolling her eyes hard at me every time I hand her a new knife - she doesn't know the monster she has created :D.

11. bigfish64

bigfish64 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 9, 2020
    Which one did you order? I’ve had a couple of them, a beer barrel, I sold, and a red jigged bone that I still have, but haven’t used and don’t carry.

guy g likes this.
  12. Duper

Duper Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 5, 2016
    Is there a Solingen made SS Copperhead out on the market today?

,,,Mike in Canada

13. bigfish64

Apr 9, 2020
    I personally don’t know, my red jigged bone version is SS but not made in Solingen. It’s a “plus” which I believe is made in China. I’m not a huge fan of their Copperheads so I don’t really pay much attention when I’m looking around.
    I do however, much prefer the Case Copperhead and plan to pick up a few of those this year.

Duper likes this.
  14. Pàdruig

Dec 1, 2016
    I ordered one in the red jigged - the price was pretty decent and I am hoping the quality is too. I haven't had any of the more recently made Bokers before.

Tree Brand - Solingen made with High Carbon Stainless Steel.

15. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Hoping to see some CV Single Clip blades. :cool::thumbsup:

jmh33, Spaten and StarMaps like this.
  16. bigfish64

Apr 9, 2020
    Yep! Maybe in Chestnut or how about ebony? That’s the thing with Case soooo much to choose from!

lee4, StarMaps and JohnDF like this.
  17. Modoc ED

Modoc ED Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 28, 2010
    @Duper - Here is a 1st Generation Buck Creek Stag Copperhead made in Solingen

[​IMG]

@Pàdruig - Here's a Boker Stag Copperhead made in Solingen

[​IMG]

I prefer the longer Muskrat blade of these two Copperheads over the short pen blade of the Case Copperheads.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2021
  18. Pàdruig

Dec 1, 2016
    Those are beauties, Ed. I do like Case's execution of the Clip main on their Copperhead (not something that I am used to saying, to be honest). However, the pen secondary does feel a bit misplaced compared to Boker's configuration.

Will Power and Modoc ED like this.
  19. Modoc ED

Modoc ED Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 28, 2010
    I get your point (pun intended) Dylan but I like most all Clip blades. I couldn't think of the proper name for the secondary blades of the knives I posted above but it's just struck me that they are Muskrat blades.

20. mbkr

mbkr Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Just got back from two weeks in Tennessee. Snow, 63 degrees and sunshine, freezing drizzle. Adventures galore :eek:
    Except for one day, I carried this one for two solid weeks. Cut various and a sundry. Did a little stropping on it. This is a great pocket knife :thumbsup:
    YellowTNFeb1 (1).JPG YellowTNFeb1 (2).JPG