1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Catastrophic blade failure

Discussion in 'Himalayan Imports' started by ferguson, Oct 6, 2006.

1. ferguson

ferguson

Feb 21, 2001
    James, that's more a tribute to the fine folks on this forum, than to me. My faults dwarf my better qualities. I've known good men, and at best, I'm fit to walk 10 steps behind them.

Thanks for the well wishes.

Steve

2. wsPray

wsPray

Oct 27, 2006
    Dear Steve
    I am new to this forum, and if you dont mind well wishes from a stranger, prayers for a full recovery.

3. hdwrlover

hdwrlover

Sep 21, 2003
    Steve,

Sorry I missed this post earlier. Hope you make a full recovery and will contact you soon.

4. jamesraykenney

jamesraykenney

Apr 9, 2004
    Prayers sent...

I leave for a while, and when I come back...:eek:

5. ferguson

ferguson

Feb 21, 2001
    Thanks for the good wishes guys and gals. Wearing this weird splint till the thirteenth. It's got a rubber band that attaches to my thumb and holds it in place. I can take it off to shower, which is great. Not uncomfortable. It's custom molded to my arm, like a kydex sheath. Very small scar, which is a disappointment. I was hoping for a big jagged pirate scar.;)

Steve

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

6. munk

munk

Mar 22, 2002
    That's funny; Pirates are hoping for small, civilian scars.

munk

7. kronckew

kronckew

Aug 17, 2003

Arhhhh! Matey!

that be correct, we pyrates be wantin' ter give civilians scars, not tother way roun' - tho we arhhh not carin' too much on the syze we gives them, arhhh!

8. jefptw

jefptw

Jun 2, 2006
    Bet typing with that thing on is interesting. Have you smashed the space bar to smithereens yet? :D Once you are able to do without the masonry on your arm, make sure you work consistently to get the range of motion back. Best wishes for a quick and complete recovery.

James

James

9. xinel

xinel

Sep 5, 2006
    Paint the splint black with a red skull and cross bones, then u can be a pirate ;)

Also wear an eye patch coz their cool.

Arrrhhhhhhh

10. 37up

37up

Jun 16, 2002
    i'm so glad u are okay steve.

your sacrifice however will not go unnoticed, your terrible event may have positive reprocussions that we may never really know.

11. ferguson

ferguson

Feb 21, 2001
    Dave,
    It's good to see you again! Don't be a stranger. You've got a lot of friends here.:)

Steve