CGFBM pimp job part 2

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by Tinbasher, May 9, 2011.

1. Tinbasher

Tinbasher

Jan 24, 2007
    As promised here is part 2 of the make over on the CGFBM.
    Customer wanted western Australian Jarrah scales fitted and a storage sheath.
    Because he lives near the coast he was worried about rust so I used double layered waxed cotton with a leather welt laced with black waxed thread, the handle cover folds back to form a belt loop.

scales are Jarrah 3/8" thick front and back, 1/4" in the center, he didn't want any palm swell.

Pins are 1/4" N/silver

As always your comments are welcome

Richard

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. snwbrdr202

snwbrdr202 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Bloody beautiful mate. I have never seen a knife with CBT & a satin finish. Excellent work!

3. Demonic1

Demonic1

Feb 18, 2008
    Wow- Did the Busse laser etched logo stay after all refinishing?

4. lsheldon

lsheldon

Jan 2, 2009
    It looks really good. Thanks for sharing....

5. Tinbasher

Tinbasher

Jan 24, 2007
    No the logo went, it only just gets through the paint

Richard

6. RobStanley

RobStanley

Dec 27, 2006
    Nice work mate. Man you could just about shave in the reflections on that thing!! :)

7. thetret

thetret

Mar 27, 2010
    Those handles are beautiful.

8. ikkyo

ikkyo

Mar 19, 2007
    sick BLING, man! I have to reach for my sunglasses.

Awesome job!

9. drbarnes

drbarnes

Sep 13, 2010
    not my taste, but great job!

10. richstag

richstag

Feb 22, 2007
    Great work!

11. CR33

CR33

Jan 26, 2011
    looks great. I too like the original look as a preference, but that looks like amazing work for sure.

12. Tinbasher

Tinbasher

Jan 24, 2007
  13. saville01

saville01 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Damn that's beautiful

14. b.c.molin

b.c.molin

Nov 28, 2008
    I have been thinking about getting a Busse BM for well over 4 years. Finally the 'right' knife came within reach, better still it had been purchased by a West Australian 'pimper' whose transformation of production blades into custom creations is top class. ;)

I contacted Mr Richard 'Tinbasher' Morgan to undertake the transformation of a Busse Combat Grade Corrugated Bevel Technology Fusion Battle Mistress into an unique blade which I had seen in my minds eye as having a Jarrah grip crafted to perfectly fit my small(ish) hand.

As I said in my email to him after I'd had the experience of six hours ownership, and not lessened in subsequent days:

============================================

"It would be an understatement to say I am very pleased and relieved.

The grip fits my hand very well, its colour is as I had imagined in my minds eye it would be, and the sheaf will protect the knife exactly as what I wanted of it.

I am highly impressed with your creation, the transformation of a well used BM into the distinguished 'Corro'!

But the greatest thanks I have is for the patient and informative way you worked through the project with me, explaining and where necessary, taking many photo's, which allowed me to make the right choices which as resulted in such a successful and happy undertaking. I assure you I can think of makers whom I have purchased edgeware from and whom I wished had your communication skills and abilities when dealing with new-comers like myself. :thumbup:

It almost made the process pleasurable. :p

Thank you for enabling me to realise a four year long dream to own a Battle Mistress, but no ordinary one, rather a totally exceptional example of the work of many hands and minds."

============================================

'Corro' is of course an abbreviation for "Corrugated" as Americans spell it, or "Corragated" as do the British; seems Australians, at least when I was growing up, always remember it spelled as "Corrogated" and then shortened to 'Corro'!

Many Thanks,

bruce

15. wardleather

wardleather

Mar 8, 2010
    I've been following your posts on this knife and must say you ended up with a fantastic product. As a custom builder I can fully appreciate the customer/craftsman relationship and how difficult it is to create something that a customer wants.

I love those scales and there's no denying that the polishing must have taken hours of work. Great Job!!!!!

16. Sh@rp

[email protected]

May 31, 2009
    Beautiful job, greatly done. Love itttttt!