Chat Thread!

Discussion in 'Daniel Fairly Knives' started by Daniel Fairly Knives, Apr 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flatblackcapo

flatblackcapo Part time maker, very very part time Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 25, 2012
    Mornin' to ya!

2. fast14riot

fast14riot

Oct 27, 2010
    Morning y'all!

Had enough food to last me for a week! Good seeing some family again, others I'm glad it's only a few times a year, lol!

Relax and enjoy your day, even if you have to work.

-X

3. Lycosa

Lycosa

Aug 24, 2007
    This.^
    X- No turkey stuffin here.
    Have a great weekend, DFerz!

4. Daniel Fairly Knives

Daniel Fairly Knives Full Time Knifemaker Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 9, 2011
    Hey guys!

...just in, Petty's and Rigging knives are really close! :) Handles are 90% ground.

5. Lycosa

Lycosa

Aug 24, 2007
    Thank you^, El Presidente!! :D

6. fast14riot

fast14riot

Oct 27, 2010
    Yo!

Drinking, shooting, eating muffins, and the internet. Pretty laid back night around here.

Prepping for my sons trip to Las Vegas tomorrow! WooHoo!!! I get a whole weekend with the wife and NO KID! We have already started putting the calls in to our friends!

Making it Great!!!

-Xandrr

7. Daniel Fairly Knives

Daniel Fairly Knives Full Time Knifemaker Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 9, 2011
    Good morning guys!

Thanks Rolf!

Have a great weekend Xander! Sounds great!

More grinding is planned today, this micarta and Ironwood grinds like steel! Hand sanding with new paper goes pretty well though. Time for slack belt grinding with a scalloped belt and then final hand sanding.

I'm still debating the peened pin material, etc on the micarta Petty, I practiced yesterday and my peening looks pretty darn good... better than expected! I'm thinking stainless would be better than copper for practical reasons on the pin. I polished my old ball peen to a full mirror before the peening. :)

Have a great weekend guys!

8. Lycosa

Lycosa

Aug 24, 2007
    You are welcome, Daniel.
    Thank you.
    Pix when you can.
    Off I go!

9. fast14riot

fast14riot

Oct 27, 2010
    Morning y'all!

Back to work today, but off tomorrow!

Daniel, don't forget, Pein with the flat face first, then the ball to dome the pin. I like to anneal nonferrous pins first so that the hammering work hardens them and they seem to stay.

-X

10. Lycosa

Lycosa

Aug 24, 2007
    Today's EDC> BM53.

11. flatblackcapo

flatblackcapo Part time maker, very very part time Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 25, 2012
    mornin' yall. Rolf , sounds like a fun edc.
    We are finally getting some rain..wooooo hoooooo !

12. Lycosa

Lycosa

Aug 24, 2007
    Rain good for water.
    Thanks, Kevin. My 53 is in constant rotation.
    'ow bout you?

13. flatblackcapo

Mar 25, 2012
    ^ on my way to Jen's parent's house to eat dinner. ^ gruuuuuuuub :D

14. Lycosa

Lycosa

Aug 24, 2007
    more like moocher... :D

15. fast14riot

fast14riot

Oct 27, 2010
    Sup fellas.

Got a tree, got it decorated and got it done.

-X

16. liamstrain

liamstrain Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 16, 2013
    We're still waffling on the tree - we'll be out of town for Christmas the weeks surrounding it - so the idea of a real tree sitting, drying out, and unseen isn't appealing. We'll get a little (artificial) tree to put in Owen's room though.

Weather is being weird. 60 this morning, and 21 now... unlikely to get back up as high in the next 36 hours. :/ But I'm full of left-over turkey, and persimmon pudding... so who cares.

Have a great evening and official start to the holiday season, all.

[​IMG]

17. fast14riot

fast14riot

Oct 27, 2010
    Morning guys.

Ugh, the Christmas music has started at work... have a holly jolly ...STFU! Just can't get down with it for so many hours a day.

Make it great!

-X

18. Farchyld

Farchyld

Sep 10, 2011
    BABY ITS COLD OUTSIDEEE

Yeah I crank that up!!! Wooo!!!

Been on a tear this weekend and into today, trying to get all my shopping done. I have procrastinated long enough.

Also took wayyyyy too long a break from the workshop. Was down there this weekend cleaning everything. I got a server, so I set that up down in the shop too. About time I get some hardware down there, haha.

19. Lycosa

Lycosa

Aug 24, 2007
    shaddup and make a folder. ^

20. flatblackcapo

Mar 25, 2012
    Call it whatca want but it was gooooooooooood. :D
    Liam, Cool pic.
    X, bah humbug. :D
    Bobby, both you and Rolf can winter at my place. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.