1. Washington action alert - Spring blade knife ban repeal thread. Hearing is Tues, Vote is Friday, let your voice be heard!

Christmas 2019

Discussion in 'JK Handmade Knives' started by fishiker, Oct 22, 2019.

1. cbach8tw

cbach8tw Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 9, 2006
    Cool, thanks for the update, hopefully everyone has put some of the things they like in their emails so we can have some fun with ideas for them.

fishiker likes this.
  2. fishiker

fishiker

Nov 5, 2006
    Last year I acted as a go-between for guys who were looking for gift ideas.

3. cbach8tw

Jan 9, 2006
    I remember, it made it nicer to have a few ideas to make the gifts special or just added an element of surprise. I do not expect you to play that role if you don't have time, but if they list a few ideas in the email all you need to do is cut and paste them to us.
    Have we worked on timing or when we want to get these out? This will be fun again, any cost limit?

4. fishiker

fishiker

Nov 5, 2006
    How's December 7th for a shipping deadline? Drawing names this Friday allows 3 weeks to get a gift ready.
    In the past there has been no strict cost limit but one can be set if necessary.
    Friday is going to busy for me and Saturday is the first day of deer firearms season. I'm thinking the deadline to enter will be noon(east coast) Friday. I should have time to draw names and send emails in the afternoon. I'll edit the OP to reflect the time.

5. Simplejack

Simplejack

Dec 28, 2017
    Ah man..........

6. JK Knives

JK Knives Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 6, 2001
    I think there is time to get in if you want

Rob Babcock likes this.
  7. Simplejack

Simplejack

Dec 28, 2017
    Yeah throw me on the list unless I make it a odd number I'll make something. What's my leather email John I got a new phone and lost everything

8. JK Knives

JK Knives Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 6, 2001
    Contact fishiker (email in first post) get in
    [email protected]

9. 1066vik

1066vik Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 28, 2009
    Odd number shouldn't hurt anything, since I'm pretty sure it's all random draw, so the person you're sending to isn't likely to be the one you're receiving from.

Rob Babcock, fishiker and Simplejack like this.
  10. fishiker

fishiker

Nov 5, 2006
    @Simplejack I sent you an email.

@1066vik you are correct, doesn't matter if it's an odd or even number. It's a random drawing. My wife and son draw the names and I do the rest.

Rob Babcock likes this.
  11. cbach8tw

Jan 9, 2006
    Sounds good. That time frame works for me, becususe if we wait too late, packages may not arrive in time for Christmas as the Postsl service gets busier. I think I have already seen the mail persons delivering on Sundays.

woodysone and fishiker like this.
  12. fishiker

fishiker

Nov 5, 2006
    @Simplejack Send me your shipping info when you have time. I'm adding you to the list and plan to draw names today.
    willc24426 at yahoo

13. Simplejack

Simplejack

Dec 28, 2017
    I sent it

ty_higg and fishiker like this.
  14. fishiker

fishiker

Nov 5, 2006
    Not going to have time to draw names today so if anyone wants to get in at the last minute it will probably be tomorow evening when I do draw names. Sorry for the delay:(

woodysone, ty_higg and Simplejack like this.
  15. fishiker

fishiker

Nov 5, 2006
    Email were sent this morning. If you are on the list and did not receive anything from me please let me know. Now the stalking and scheming begins:D

16. fishiker

fishiker

Nov 5, 2006
    If anyone has questions feel free to send me an email. Shipping deadline is December 7th. That should give the carrier of your choice plenty of time to deliver gifts before Christmas.

cbach8tw and Simplejack like this.
  17. Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock

Jul 16, 2007
    Sounds good!

fishiker likes this.
  18. ty_higg

ty_higg KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 16, 2011
    Been stalking my guy and starting to figure out what I’m gonna do!

Simplejack likes this.
  19. Simplejack

Simplejack

Dec 28, 2017
    I didn't have to do much stalking ,y wife figurednitnoutnwith in one ,minute of reading.

bikerector likes this.
  20. bikerector

bikerector KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 16, 2016
    I've done a little stalking of my guy and I have a few ideas, but I may need to do a little more stalking just to make sure. Timing for one idea may not work out for me. Kind of exciting trying to think up a gift for an online acquaintance.