Christmas 2019

Discussion in 'JK Handmade Knives' started by fishiker, Oct 22, 2019.

1. fishiker

fishiker

Nov 5, 2006
    knowing you give someone something they really like is the best part of it for me. If anyone needs any hints for gifts I can try to help or if anyone has any questions send me an email.

Simplejack likes this.
  2. cbach8tw

cbach8tw Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 9, 2006
    Going out tomorrow to find a few things.

woodysone, Simplejack and fishiker like this.
  3. bikerector

bikerector KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 16, 2016
    Picked up a couple trinkets for my person. I think they're going to like 'em. Good stuff.

Rob Babcock likes this.
  4. cbach8tw

Jan 9, 2006
    Got a couple of things, will looks for little do-dads too.

fishiker likes this.
  5. bikerector

bikerector KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 16, 2016
    I got my guy's stuff all boxed up. I'm hoping this blows the guy's socks off, I'm a little jealous of two of the trinkets I have in there. One I picked up with the intention of keeping and just getting a pair of somewhat matching items, but after I looked things over, I realized the 3 pieces made a pretty slick little kit so I had to throw it in too. Seemed a shame to separate them.

@fishiker do we try and ship it on December 7th so we all start getting stuff around the same days or anytime before then?

Rob Babcock likes this.
  6. fishiker

fishiker

Nov 5, 2006
    Ship when it's convenient as long as it's by the 7th. I'm still working on a gift box but hope to mail it by Wednesday.

7. Simplejack

Simplejack

Dec 28, 2017
    I still have to make my present. Still tracking down 1 more material

fishiker likes this.
  8. ty_higg

ty_higg KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 16, 2011
    I’ll be making mine this week to send out

fishiker and Simplejack like this.
  9. 1066vik

1066vik Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 28, 2009
    hoping for some time to make a couple more things to fill up the box tomorrow -- the weather has not been cooperative for forge time the past few days.
    planning on dropping it in the mail Friday.

10. cbach8tw

Jan 9, 2006
    Now the big question, do we open it the gifts when received or did we have to wait until Christmas Day? Or some of us open at least one on Christmas Eve......so.......we can open that one!! :D

bikerector and JK Knives like this.
  11. cbach8tw

Jan 9, 2006
    Got a few, now I have to throw something personal in for my recipient.

fishiker likes this.
  12. fishiker

fishiker

Nov 5, 2006
    Opening is entirely up to the individual. Many of us lack the willpower to wait, including myself:rolleyes:

bikerector, JK Knives and woodysone like this.
  13. fishiker

fishiker

Nov 5, 2006
    Just a reminder that shipping deadline is this Saturday. If anyone has an issue and won't be able to ship on time please send me an email so I can keep up with things.

14. Simplejack

Simplejack

Dec 28, 2017
    This is why I'll ship on the 7th lol

woodysone and fishiker like this.
  15. joeldworkin307

joeldworkin307 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 2, 2012
    Chanukah starts on December 22nd, so my recipient can open their gift a few days early.

16. glennbad

glennbad Knife Moddin' Fool Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 13, 2003
    I've had my recipient's package ready to go for a few days, and wouldn't you know, we get a snowstorm. We're expected around 18-24" total by tomorrow morning. I should get it out in the mail tomorrow, or Wednesday worst case.

I hope whoever gets my package will feel free to open on receipt. (if that's what they want to do!)

17. Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock

Jul 16, 2007
    I'll ship on Weds or Thurs!

woodysone, fishiker and Simplejack like this.
  18. fishiker

fishiker

Nov 5, 2006
    Anyone have pics they want to share in the spirit of the season?
    Cutting our tree the first weekend of December has become a tradition for us. There's a farm an hour drive away that has acres of trees. We were wanting a tree larger than we normally got so we walked most of it before finding a tree we all agreed on. I did the cutting and my wife and son did the dragging. I told my wife I would need to trim it or it might be too tall. She said she would love to have a Griswold Family Christmas Tree. Not quite that large but tall enough to make her happy.
    [​IMG]

19. cbach8tw

Jan 9, 2006
    Mailed my Christmas exchange gift today.....woke up early and hard time falling asleep, so found time to wrap it up. Mailed during lunch break! On its way!! :thumbsup:

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
  20. Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock

Jul 16, 2007
    Package away! :D

fishiker likes this.