CKF Knife Purchase

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Will B Hard, Feb 20, 2021.

1. Will B Hard

Will B Hard Basic Member Basic Member

Oct 4, 2019
    Just checking if any members have purchased a Rotten CKF Evolution. When i went to the website these models are out of stock.

Is there an official agent in the USA that i can place an order with or do i need to order from Russia, that is assuming they are not discontinued.

2. Sharps

Sharps Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 15, 2001
    Most of the knives CKF make are limited runs, the only exception I've seen thus far is the Fif20. The first Evo sold out quite quickly, after being sold out they would randomly drop one occasionally, the random drops typically sold within a minute or two. They also dropped maybe 20 one-offs (starting around 1400.00) with custom options, carved scales, etc. These ended with announcement of the 2.0 which was a pre-order and sold out rather quickly. They seem to have recently filled the pre-orders and put up a few extras on the web site which are sold out.

I cannot say if they will randomly drop some leftovers occasionally, as well as a few customs, but that was what they did in the past. As far as I know the only "agent" in the US is someone who acts as a middle man to ship CKF knives, and possibly warranty work, but does not sell them.

They may choose to do a second run, but probably not likely. Your only options at this point are unofficial (3rd party sellers) and to watch the website for drops and or customs. Unfortunately Most Evos I've seen are around 900-1k which follows closely with V1. Sign up for notifications, watch the usual suspects for secondary market sales, maybe you'll get lucky!

Here are a couple shots of the two V1 Evos I ended up with. I didn't care for the 2.0 and passed on it.

Hand rubbed
    [​IMG]

Satin
    [​IMG]

Will B Hard likes this.
  3. Will B Hard

Oct 4, 2019
    Many thanks for the detailed information, i have sent a mail to CKF to enquire if they have discontinued orders on this model.

Sharps likes this.
  4. Alsharif

Alsharif Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 8, 2018
    Just food for thought, many of the Evo 2.0s listed from $900-1k don't sell. I've sold my CF 2.0 for $750 Paypal F&F. They are limited in number and usually models are discontinued once a run is through. The Fif20 may be the only exception thus far owing to it's success.

CKF use to ship from Russia but lately they've switched to having them shipped from a US address. They ship all the knives to a designated person here who handles the shipping. Shipping from Russia takes about two months during COVID.

Will B Hard likes this.
  5. Will B Hard

Oct 4, 2019

Can you confirm this is the one you sold ?
    Are the scales ti on one side and cf on the other or cf on both sides

6. JAB

JAB Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 13, 2005
    Yup, I recently received a knife from FRWK in about six weeks while my MKAD Meta arrived much quicker.

Alsharif likes this.
  7. Alsharif

Alsharif Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 8, 2018
  8. Will B Hard

Oct 4, 2019
    Can you let me know how the USA customs works regarding the cost of the knife being sent. Lets say you purchase a knife for $700 is this allowed duty free, or does the sender value need to be tweaked to fit the customs allowance

9. JAB

Dec 13, 2005
    I’ve never had to pay any additional fees when ordering a knife from Russia (or Finland, or anyplace else overseas I’ve ordered from) nor have I ever asked about fudging the value so I always just assumed it was a non-issue.

ETA: The most expensive knife I’ve ordered from over there was about $650ish USD so IDK if there’s a cutoff or not for higher valued items.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2021
    Will B Hard likes this.
  10. Zookie

Zookie Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2012
    Thanks for the post!

Ive been debating buying one since I’ve seen so many on the exchange. Are they really that good?

11. JAB

Dec 13, 2005
    The fit & finish, attention to detail and action of CKFs tend to be pretty excellent (also, all the ones I’ve come across have been sharp.)

12. Will B Hard

Oct 4, 2019
    Have a look at the following video, but at the end of the day its down to yourself

13. JAB

Dec 13, 2005
    Y’know Mike from CKF ( @CKF ) is active on here - maybe he’ll chime in?

14. Will B Hard

Oct 4, 2019

Just a short note on the Rev 2. I contacted CKF and was informed the Rev 2 has been discontinued. By pure chance they told me a few days later a customer cancelled his order and there was one available, the cost was $630 + $10 USPS.

JAB and jfk1110 like this.
  15. jfk1110

jfk1110 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 9, 2013
    Well that's a score