1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Clan of the Copperlock & Mini Copperlock

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by stevekolt, Jun 4, 2019.

1. stevekolt

stevekolt Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 9, 2007
    Our oldest grandchild graduates HS on Thursday. His favorite color is blue. So tomorrow I'm off to the local Case dealer to get him a Mini-Copperlock in some kind of blue sides in addition to his main graduation gift :)

Edit 6/11 - Decided that I wanted to start a new family tradition and buy a matching pair, one for my grandson, and one for me. There wasn't a pair of Mini's to be had in any type of blue.

But they did have a pair of Caribbean Blue Peanuts :cool:

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
    mbkr, JohnDF, Bloefield and 2 others like this.
  2. RDaneel

RDaneel Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 23, 2000
    I bought my first Mini Copperlock in 2001 (the bottom one). It never really clicked with me, probably because Case was rounding everything off in those days. Recentlyly, I bought another Mini and a full size one; I am beyond pleased with each of them.

[​IMG]

3. stevekolt

Jan 9, 2007
    Very nice! I have one of the PVD covered Mini's myself.

RDaneel likes this.
  4. RDaneel

RDaneel Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 23, 2000
    Thank you. It's also one of my sharpest knives out of the box.

5. ktataragasi

ktataragasi

May 26, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
    jmh33, chuck4570, Jolipapa and 4 others like this.
  6. Reaper AL

Reaper AL Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 28, 2019
    1A822FFD-6E8E-4211-A4E2-281223FA65AD.jpeg 289ACFE5-C7D6-454D-995F-7D8018B633ED.jpeg Another of my mini copper locks

7. gmrv4

gmrv4

Mar 13, 2013
    Just picked up this Mini Copperlock last week. It got some pocket time before I had a chance to photograph it.

[​IMG][/IMG] [​IMG]

steff27, steelnut, chuck4570 and 11 others like this.
  8. FSU1992

FSU1992

Feb 23, 2014
    I got this guy sometime in the mid 1990s and it has many miles on it. It is still a favorite and finds its way into my pocket regularly. [​IMG]

9. stevekolt

Jan 9, 2007
    Nice examples everyone! Truly, although I like other patterns (Peanuts, Sodbuster Jr's), the Mini-Copperlock is THE Case pattern for me.

10. BMCGear

BMCGear Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 4, 2014
    I've owned a full size copperlock in the past and have been considering a mini for 5th pocket carry.

11. ktataragasi

ktataragasi

May 26, 2019
    My only one and my carry for the day. Mini in CV.

[​IMG]

chuck4570, mbkr, Jolipapa and 7 others like this.
  12. stevekolt

Jan 9, 2007
    Nice, love that red bone CV...

ktataragasi likes this.
  13. Mike Large

Mike Large

Jun 24, 2017
    Centered to perfection, zero blade play!!! Got pretty lucky with this one. In pocket every day 15615994089603231475733329628084.jpg

14. Wowbagger

Wowbagger

Sep 20, 2015
    Thanks for starting this threat.
    Some how I was under the impression that the full size Copperlock was significantly smaller than the Case Trapper.
    I guess I'm thinking it was a single blade canoe with a lock.

I am so glad to learn it is a larger knife and will be getting one soon ! ! ! !
    The Case Trapper is one of my all time faves for how it feels in my hand so the Copperlock has great potential for me being of the same size handle and blade.

I just bought a Tribal Lock in antique peach seed jigged bone and have EDC'd it now for a couple of weeks.
    Good stuff. I did have to tune the lock bar where the thumb release passes the spacer between the liners. It started to catch on the spacer after a week of use. The blade would then not be drawn in and held firmly closed by the spring on the blade tang when folded because the spring was stopped before it could swing all the way out at the thumb cut out.

A little filing. Works sweet now.
    Any similar stuff I need to know about for the Copperlock ?

Which one is available with CV ? I just was looking at the selection and didn't see a single one.
    If I had my drothers it would be a dark blue bone one but I know that isn't going to happen.
    SS here I come . . . if I have to . . . I guess.

chuck4570 likes this.
  15. Reaper AL

Reaper AL Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 28, 2019
    52B25B36-DE16-45FE-8913-7C0AB40F4365.jpeg EDF51F7D-5154-4BE6-ACDC-E35A21C707C5.jpeg Just added this one to my EDC rotation

chuck4570, jmh33, pmek5 and 5 others like this.
  16. Mike Large

Mike Large

Jun 24, 2017
    15620367658774563531010342842697.jpg

Bloefield, jmh33, JohnDF and 2 others like this.
  17. stevekolt

Jan 9, 2007
    Had a bit of a surprise after church today. I like to open and close whichever knife I have carried before putting it up. Today was my White Icthus Mini Copperlock. It did not fully open, or click and lock. You can see the spring is not flush when the blade is open. Exerting minimal pressure, the blade could be made to close. I guess it's been this way since I bought it. Filled out the warranty claim, and am waiting on RA from Case. Confident they will take care of this. Just a word of caution to fellow clan members...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. W.M.B.

W.M.B.

Oct 11, 2013
    Ive had that happen when a bit of lint or other crud got packed in the notch that the lock bar sets in. when that happens I clear it out with a toothpick and its good to go. Of course that might not be the problem, but when thats what happened to one of my lock backs, thats exactly how it looked and behaved.

mbkr, JohnDF and stevekolt like this.
  19. stevekolt

Jan 9, 2007
    THANK YOU SIR! That was exactly the problem. I love the camaraderie here on the porch!

mbkr, JohnDF and redsparrow like this.
  20. hornetguy

hornetguy Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2015
    You beat me to it! That used to happen to my Sodbuster a LOT back in the 70's. I guess my pockets were dirtier back then, or something. Standard practice was to pull it out, open it up, then blow a cloud of blue jean lint out of it. Sometimes the lint and stuff got in the back of the blade, and it wouldn't open quite all the way.

peanutsxx likes this.