Classic Series

Discussion in 'JK Handmade Knives' started by JK Knives, Sep 27, 2020.

1. JK Knives

JK Knives Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 6, 2001
    I’m thinking of offering special serial numbered runs of several of my classic knives, called the JK Classic Series. First would be the Nessmuk, followed a few months later by the Canadian Belt Knife, then the Kephart, then possibly a few new designs of classic early knives.
    You would be able to reserve matching serial numbers on the knives.
    Any interest in this idea?

2. B JACKSON

B JACKSON

Sep 19, 2012
    I'm in for a set!

JK Knives likes this.
  3. JK Knives

Mar 6, 2001
    Good to see some possible interest

4. JK Knives

Mar 6, 2001
    12698_387692457978122_973473297_n.jpg

8 1/2” overall
    4” blade
    3/32” thick O1 steel

Last edited: Sep 28, 2020
    AntDog and cbach8tw like this.
  5. M B

M B Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 10, 2020
    I'm certainly interested in the first two - the Nessmuk and Canadian belt knife. but it would be hard to say no to a whole set

any idea on cost/timing?

my preference would be sometime toward the end of first quarter of 2021 (a little time to recovery from end of this year... :rolleyes:)

6. JK Knives

Mar 6, 2001
    There is a thread near the top of the page, Handle Choices.
    I would not start making the first model until later in January, then every couple of months I would offer the second model, and so on until the series was done.
    Price would be around $200 each.

M B likes this.
  7. cbach8tw

cbach8tw Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 9, 2006
    That sounds like a very good deal and idea. Would that be 200.00 for each knife in the series? Just curious. I assume it depends on options chosen, and the serial number wanted.

Or would there be two knives in a set? I have always liked the idea of a set, but that would be different than the series idea. They would not have to be made at the same time, first one and then the other to make the set complete. For example, a camp kitchen set, consisting of the Improved Bowie and a camp fork; a scale and fur set conisistimg of a filet knife and small hunter for game; a chopping set with a hatchet and a small wedge to baton; and my favorite, a Mountain man set with the Hudson Bay and a roach belly or patch knife for black powder. Just a few ideas. Sorry to go on. And now back to our original scheduled program. :D

Last edited: Sep 28, 2020
  8. JK Knives

Mar 6, 2001
    $200 each knife, base price. There will be different knives every couple of months, but you are not obligated to buy all of them (although it would be nice). Serial number does not affect cost, I believe B JACKSON wants #1 of each model.

cbach8tw likes this.
  9. TLA

TLA Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 25, 2002
    I would interested in the other new classic designs not mentioned. Would you tell us what you might be thinking of?