1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 16 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Buck Custom Shop 119 Special lasermarked with the BladeForums logo!

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Buck Custom Shop 119, or Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Apil 20; winners will be drawn on Sunday @5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Clone Knife Threads

Discussion in 'Tech Support, General Q&A, Site Feedback & More' started by Danke42, Mar 24, 2019.

1. Danke42

Danke42

Feb 10, 2015
    So there's another thread in GKD about G*nzo knives and a point was raised that in cases where you see that first post gushing about how good they are it's likely a shill working for or prompted by that maker hoping to garner some clicks & boost their exposure that will move their name up the search pages. Even if the thread here turns out profoundly negative it still does that.

I'm guessing somewhere in the forum software there's a "Bad Word" switch or something similar that can take a word like G*nzo and automatically replace it with a vetted word like Game or Goof, etc.; no more keyword boosting the search results.

Mo2 likes this.
  2. Boru13

Boru13 Super Moderator Staff Member Super Mod Moderator Pirate

Apr 25, 2000
    Not sure about a "Bad Word" switch, I used the "Ghosted" switch instead.

benchwarmer380, knarfeng and Danke42 like this.
  3. knarfeng

knarfeng senex morosus moderator Staff Member Super Mod Moderator

Jul 30, 2006
    I prefer the "splash" switch. :D

[​IMG]

Danke42 and Boru13 like this.
  4. KooKooforKukripuffs

KooKooforKukripuffs

Jul 25, 2018
    They go by Firebird now BTW

5. Dogdrawz

Dogdrawz Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 15, 2016
    [​IMG]

6. knarfeng

knarfeng senex morosus moderator Staff Member Super Mod Moderator

Jul 30, 2006
    Who am I to argue with the natural order of things?

Lapedog likes this.