Cold Steel Boar Spear saves woman's life

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Halfneck, Jul 7, 2018.

1. Lapedog

Lapedog

Dec 7, 2016
    The morning star refers to the spiked ball itself. There are morning star maces and morninf star flails.

That has been argued by others who have found historical evidence that the claim it did not exist is false. I don’t know I have heard both sides.

Mecha likes this.
  2. Pilsner

Pilsner Platinum Member Platinum Member

Oct 28, 2017
    Not this again! ;) I am quite prepared to accept that I was wrong, based on what scant evidence exists.

Lapedog likes this.
  3. DocJD

DocJD

Jan 29, 2016
    Good pack of hunting dogs will tree or otherwise bring to bay most animals . Dogs are pack hunters and that's how they do their best work .

4. marcinek

marcinek

Jan 9, 2007
    And all this has to do with knives how exactly? :confused:

5. katanas

katanas

Jan 6, 2012
    Actually, the thread wasn't about knives but a spear. :eek: It still managed to get derailed. :rolleyes:

SpySmasher likes this.
  6. Pilsner

Pilsner Platinum Member Platinum Member

Oct 28, 2017
    Two duplicates were resurrected on the same day, both about the Cold Steel Boar Spear. Who knew?

7. DocJD

DocJD

Jan 29, 2016
    Comparing the efficacy of blade vs canine in SD against wildlife attacks ? How they can be used in a synergistic fashion for the optimal outcome ? This should be in Prac/tac . :confused:

8. marcinek

marcinek

Jan 9, 2007
    So should this, then.

9. fishface5

fishface5

Feb 3, 2001
    Attach a dog by a chain to the end of the spear - trifecta!

Mecha and SpySmasher like this.
  10. DocJD

DocJD

Jan 29, 2016
    Taken out of context . Responding to another's post equating a dog's SD value to a fart . I thought that was unfair , even if sometimes true . Not sure how this is helping stay on topic . Am I the new topic ? Rather not be . o_O

On topic again : The CS Boar Spear is probably a very effective weapon in skilled hands , but you could have problems legally /socially trying to carry it around most places . Be easier to have a small pack of personal defense dogs .

11. katanas

katanas

Jan 6, 2012
    fishface5, close, but it must be a pack of dogs. ;) Actually, if it (a good sized dog) is not right there with you for the twin intimidation, a pack IS necessary. :thumbsup: You are correct, however, Boar spear + dog does = formidable combo. :cool: (Tried to quote you, not the first time I've tried this and can't figure it out; how sad :( :oops:)

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
  12. herisson

herisson Apple slicing rocking chair dweller Platinum Member

Mar 11, 2013
    Do you have a problem with mountain cats ? or with CS Boar Spears ?

13. ursamajor

ursamajor

Oct 27, 2010
    I’d say that a Spear is the most instinctual weapon, in human history. I don’t think you would have to log much time at all, in order to effectively use a spear, defensively, against an animal attack.

Just be an average man, of average strength and coordination.

14. needler420

needler420

Apr 29, 2011
    Moral of the story since Canada has strict gun regulations the dudes wife would of been maimed and likely killed without access to a cold steel spear.

15. DocJD

DocJD

Jan 29, 2016
    Having to defend against a bear , using only a spear , I would hate to rely solely upon "instinct " . I would want to be as well practiced , reflexive and familiar with the weapon and it's best use as possible . An untrained person is just as likely to freeze up or be trying to think instead of just doing automatically a trained/drilled reflex . YMMV ! :)