Cold Steel (GSM) New Products Release:

Discussion in 'Cold Steel Knives' started by Quiet, Jan 14, 2021.

1. mwhich50

mwhich50 Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 18, 2011
    I was hoping for a stonewashed American Lawman.

2. insta9ves

insta9ves

Apr 3, 2007
    Yeah was bummed about this.

3. Jdubb

Jdubb

Jun 28, 2020
    A bit disappointed to see AUS10 instead of S35vn for the Mini Recon 1. Would have preferred American materials. But sounds like AUS10 is good. Can’t tell from the pics, but looks like they might have switched to a flat grind. Hope not.

insta9ves, Mitchell Knives and jstn like this.
  4. goldie

goldie

Feb 18, 2000
    Ive used the 4max scout in aus10 and it really is a great steel;I wish the sr1 lite was aus10;it stays sharp very long and is tough too;i think its pretty on par w many of the better steels out there.

5. d762nato

d762nato Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 16, 2009
    I'd like the see the Bush Ranger made in a Large and Extra Large. The regular is just a little small for my hand but great ergo's other than that it's an awesome folder. Maybe add a spearpoint blade as well with a thick tip. It will be nice to see what's offered so far it looks good.

jbmonkey and WTF like this.
  6. WTF

WTF

Feb 20, 2000
    Amen!

d762nato likes this.
  7. Mitchell Knives

Mitchell Knives Knifemaker Moderator

May 21, 2000
    I have several Cold Steel knives in AUS10, and they are good. Perfectly adequate steel. Significantly better than AUS8 for sure.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2021
  8. Man with no name

Man with no name

Jun 24, 2015

9. Chris_Texas

Chris_Texas

Apr 2, 2020
    Aus10 is a great blade steel. Hell, real Aus8 is very good as well, and Aus10 is better than that in every way. I have no problem buying anything in Aus10 (assuming it is priced accordingly) and I am kinda a steel snob.

10. unklfranco

unklfranco

Apr 2, 2011
    The AUS10A Large Voyager was my 1st blade in this steel. For a sub $60 knife, it is holding up very well. I am definately going to get the drop point version asap. A stoned wash Recon 1 will be awesome too. Too bad the Range Boss didn't come in AUS10A. Maybe next year.

Mitchell Knives likes this.
  11. goldie

goldie

Feb 18, 2000
    I think AUS10 is under rated and in the 4max scout it has a real sharp edge and makes a great slicer,and ive only touched it up very slightly to get it back to factory edge.

12. soc_monki

soc_monki Basic Member Basic Member

Apr 5, 2019
    Aus10 is great. I too wish the sr1 lite was aus10, but I got one anyway.

Really looking forward to getting an ad15 lite. Scorpion lock and aus10? Yes please!

Mitchell Knives and oldmanwilly like this.
  13. jstn

jstn Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 27, 2012
    I’ve read it is similar to VG10. How does it compare in terms of toughness?

14. soc_monki

soc_monki Basic Member Basic Member

Apr 5, 2019
    Well, I've used it to hack wood in the yard and it just wants more. Stays sharp for a good while as well. I've read it is very similar to 440c, and I believe it. It acts very similar to my 440c buck 110. I really, really like it, which is why I'm so pumped for an ad15 in aus10!
    Pretty easy to sharpen too, which is a plus.

You should check out jimislash's video on the 4 max scout. He beat the heck out of it. It sold me on the knife honestly.

15. unklfranco

unklfranco

Apr 2, 2011
    Does anyone know when the new line up starts shipping to authorized dealers or directly from Cold Steel?

16. dogstar

dogstar

Jan 23, 2011
    Drop point Voyager, :cool:

AF, d762nato and Mitchell Knives like this.
  17. jbmonkey

jbmonkey Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 9, 2011
    haha...I dont like reviewers at all pretty much, but this one made me laugh. the mace and shield comments made me laugh.

dogstar likes this.
  18. Larry Turko

Larry Turko

Oct 4, 2007
    The serrated kris ti-lite is very cool- in essence serrations on serrations. The long overdue drop point voyager is also good news. It will join my XL tanto , clippoint, vaquero and kris voyagers. The mace looks like a revival of a simple mace they had out about 20 years ago which I let go by. Looks affordable and I'm definitely getting one. Quite a few other interesting items as well.

johnnywizzo likes this.
  19. Chris_Texas

Chris_Texas

Apr 2, 2020
    My understanding is that it very similar to VG10. The key thing is that it is a Japanese steel made to exacting standards, and Cold Steel knows exactly how to work with it. So long as it is priced reasonably I would not hesitate to buy anything made with this steel.

20. Larry Turko

Larry Turko

Oct 4, 2007
    Thanks ,I took a closer look and as a couple of people have said there is an XL version. Be still my foolish heart!

jux t likes this.