Counterfeit Fiddlebacks!!! Warning, and Request for Help!!

Discussion in 'Fiddleback Forge Knives' started by Fiddleback, Sep 1, 2020.

1. Fiddleback

Fiddleback Knifemaker Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Oct 19, 2005
    Well folks, its been a while since this has happened. But it does occasionally happen in the knife world. Last week Robert was approached by a person trying to sell him Fiddleback copies made in Pakistan. The pics below show the conversation, and pics of the knives. They are direct Fiddleback copies of the Patch Knife. Please be careful when buying knives from a vendor you do not know. The difference in workmanship is noticeable and I know these knives wouldn't fool y'all. I would never put a Bullseye tube so close to the edge of a set of scales. The Bullseye tube is a trademark of Fiddleback Forge Inc.

I wanted to warn y'all about this scam and also ask y'all to keep an eye out for these showing up for sale! If anyone can find out where I can send a cease and desist letter, I'd be grateful. Also, if anyone recognizes the name David Parrota please let me know how to contact him.

The instagram handle of this company is @uniquedamascusblades and on facebook they are under Unique Damascus Blades

Pics below showing conversation between Robert and Unique Damascus Blades.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Please be careful with your purchases, and if you happen to find anyone selling these knives, please let me know.

2. SneezySky

SneezySky Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 23, 2017
    yuk - sorry you have to deal with scums like this. glad that you're protecting fiddleback's good name.

Kenneth F Huls and Fiddleback like this.
  3. jb33

jb33 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 31, 2017
    Had something similar happen to my father’s business several years ago. I was forwarded a very negative YouTube review on our company/product and was shocked to see it was fake equipment. I had our attorney draft a letter to the legal departments of the sites that listed the fakes. Ours popped up on eBay and Alibaba. Unfortunately, this is rather common so I am sure Facebook/Instagram will work with of you to remove their accounts. It took some back and forth but everything was removed. Made all our distributors and customers aware of the fakes as well.

Kenneth F Huls and VANCE like this.
  4. Rufus Magnus

Rufus Magnus Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 8, 2019
    Sorry about your unexpected situation. You have to stand your ground and let your attorney protect you and the business. That David Parota name is most likely fake anyway. FBF won’t be fooled by shoddy knock-offs. Hang in there!

5. Bmurray

Bmurray Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Damn I need a few of these higher quality FB knives.

6. swonut

swonut KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 1, 2007
    I was wondering how the dude at the flea market that I go to on Saturday mornings was able to offer pretty well finished knives at low cost points. I guess the Pakistani's have been grinding away since the 80's when they were putting out thin buck 110 patterns that were awful. When your labor cost is less than 1$/day then you can really afford to take your time.

7. Nbrackett

Nbrackett Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 19, 2015
    ———

Last edited: Sep 14, 2020
  8. Nbrackett

Nbrackett Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 19, 2015
    ———

Last edited: Sep 14, 2020
  9. swonut

swonut KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 1, 2007
    If I ever see David Parrota, I'm gonna punch him in the throat. If I accidentally punch you in the throat thinking you're David Parrota, then "Opps, my bad. Hope you understand how mad this makes me feel-- can I get you something that helps with your breathing like a slurpee or coolata?"

10. swonut

Jan 1, 2007
    just kidding, I'm a lover not a fighter, let's hug it out.

11. MolokaiRider

MolokaiRider Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 13, 2017
    Sad and frustrating.

Fiddleback likes this.
  12. Bmurray

Feb 9, 2012
    @Nbrackett traded me one of these Bushpaki beauties for a Surls knife. Boy did he get f*cked on that deal.

13. VANCE

VANCE Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Gold Member

Mar 13, 2006
    Those Bullseyes look like a bucket of bull$hit. Not VANCE approved

14. Fiddleback

Fiddleback Knifemaker Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Oct 19, 2005
    I have sent this company a cease and desist letter.

15. Bmurray

Feb 9, 2012
    You should wait until I get my big order from them before doing that.

16. Warrior108

Warrior108 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 24, 2012
    On the bright side, they DO say that imitation is the biggest form of flattery. ;)

Annnnnnd its probably good that the quality is :poop: because that way, one easily knows the difference.

17. bflying

bflying Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 4, 2014
    The downside to that form of flattery is when the negative reviews start showing up in your name, with product you didn't make.

VANCE and Fiddleback like this.
  18. Bmurray

Feb 9, 2012
    Fiddlebacks always get bad reviews from me, so they can only get better.

Fiddleback Outpost likes this.
  19. Choppaman

Choppaman Gold Member Gold Member

May 6, 2017
    I am most impressed with how Robert ended the conversation!! Now, this replica crap happens all the time and it pissed me off. For those who can't figure it out and be yourself = fake. Sorry you had to deal with the hassle @Fiddleback and thank you for the heads up!. We all know the REAL maker!! OH @Bmurray always makes a thread interesting. :D We love him!!

20. Bmurray

Feb 9, 2012
    My Bushpakis just arrived and are now in stock.

Rufus Magnus and Choppaman like this.