CPK Boot Daggers

Discussion in 'Carothers Performance Knives' started by TRfromMT, Aug 27, 2020.

1. Jo the Machinist

Jo the Machinist KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 17, 2015
    Yes,we have black g10, and od green g10. The evil genius must not have mentioned it? That explains a bit...

2. Jo the Machinist

Jo the Machinist KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 17, 2015
    2019 just notes when I added it to the PP inventory.

3. Nathan the Machinist

Nathan the Machinist KnifeMaker / Machinist / Evil Genius Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Feb 13, 2007
    Hey, you're the one that's in charge of making sure I don't screw stuff up....

4. jus_gus

jus_gus Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 30, 2011
    Can’t stop taking pictures of this beautiful dagger! :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Daverous

Daverous StabosauROUS Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 31, 2018
    Agreed Gus! Finally stopped raining here so I tried to capture the hollows and plunge. With a sprinkle of that oh so sweet gold heat treat.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. XtianAus

XtianAus Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 3, 2016
    So perfect! Very envious

woodysone, Daverous, BIGDORK and 5 others like this.
  7. Mike157

Mike157 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 29, 2006
    Have to agree. Really fine looking perfection, coupled with unbeatable design and materials. But then I feel that way about most CPK knives. But this boot dagger though.... Mike

8. Phill50

Phill50 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 6, 2018
    That last picture is awesome. I thought it was a glass breaker on the back. Had to take a second look.

TommyGun56, Odog27, woodysone and 5 others like this.
  9. SpyderPhreak

SpyderPhreak Rocketman for hire Platinum Member

Apr 13, 2004
    Pretty stoked that it appears I managed to get in on this first batch. :cool: :D

I didn't think I'd have a chance since I was out at the lake. I had a poor signal, BF had a pretty slow response time, and I had a fishing rod in my other hand. I must have refreshed my phone at just the right moment, because when I clicked the thread, there wasn't a single post under Nathan's yet!

When my reply finally posted (took ~15-20 seconds to reload), it showed me as only post #3! :eek: I thought, "no way!" Wish I would have done a screenshot of that, lol. #3 turned into #33... But that's good enough for me. :)

vkp78, benchrest308, untytled and 5 others like this.
  10. jlauffer

jlauffer Dissident Aggressor Platinum Member

Apr 11, 2016
    Yeah I kept refreshing after my post, thinking there's no way I actually got post #4

11. SpyderPhreak

Apr 13, 2004
    Took me a good while to figure out where my post actually ended up... :eek:

12. sheathmaker

sheathmaker Custom Leather Sheaths Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 18, 2005
    Greetings, my CPK friends. So far I have 5 requests for sheaths for the "boot dagger". With due humility, I have a few observations that my years of making sheaths have afforded me.

Knives intended to be actually carried in a boot sheath with clip do best when the overall length is 6 to 7 inches max. Anything longer runs out of boot shaft room quickly for most boots used today. If it is, in fact, going to be carried in a boot then spending extra for exotic inlays may not be the best use of you cash since it will always be hidden. If you plan to carry other than in a boot then the embellishment options are practically endless.

I do have an example headed this way by one of your friends, and at this point he has agreed for me to keep his dagger until the other orders are filled, so for now you won't have to send your dagger for a sheath. If you have NOT yet contacted me and you want a sheath, please confirm your request with an email to me making very sure you include your mailing address AND you telephone number. I will probably have to discuss the pros and cons of a clip boot sheath with each of you. I think one of the best and most versatile styles would be the Sash/Flat loop style. Let's discuss.

All my contact information including email is below in my sig line.

13. bubbaskyjacker

bubbaskyjacker Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 24, 2008
    I can’t believe I forgot to check this week for the sale. I just now remembered WTF !!!!

14. jus_gus

Aug 30, 2011
  15. mb>

mb> Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 24, 2014
    I like it. Which JouFuu model?

16. jus_gus

Aug 30, 2011
    I’m not sure, I got it awhile ago. Bud thinks it’s KEB size. It’s about 6 1/4” long, and 2 1/2” wide on top.

duramax, woodysone, fatfrog and 3 others like this.
  17. SpyderPhreak

Apr 13, 2004
    Invoice received AND paid!!! :cool: WooooooooooHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! :D :thumbsup:

18. jlauffer

jlauffer Dissident Aggressor Platinum Member

Apr 11, 2016
    Same here! One step closer to reality!

19. SpyderPhreak

Apr 13, 2004
    I think this is probably the most well-made 4" dagger EVER! :cool:

20. Elgatodeacero

Elgatodeacero Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 5, 2014
    would someone please punch one of these through a car door or a suit of armor..........

you will get extra likes if the car is a Lambo or a Porsche, armor would need to be at least 500 years old
    for likes.