CPK Pet Thread

Discussion in 'Carothers Performance Knives' started by Standard78, Jan 10, 2018.

1. Jo the Machinist

Jo the Machinist KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 17, 2015
    Embarrassingly, she is about 45 pounds. She should probably be between 35-40. And she is a really good size for the house and for keeping the kids company. :) And the adults ;)

jus_gus, BIGDORK, duramax and 6 others like this.
  2. Lorien

Lorien KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 5, 2005
    it was Mako's 2nd birthday yesterday :)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. gunslinger387

gunslinger387 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 31, 2010
    Congrats on the new puppy. She is totally adorable. Best way to mend a broken heart. A new dog can never replace a longtime friend but it sure does help diminish the pain and longing.

jus_gus, duramax, Odog27 and 5 others like this.
  4. trevitrace

trevitrace Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 21, 2013
    Congrats on the new pup, Mat!

5. TRfromMT

TRfromMT Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Jan 4, 2016
    This makes me say "derp", "floofy", and "schnoodle".

6. Standard78

Standard78 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 25, 2015
    Congratulations Mat!
    I hope they all make a full recovery and hopefully you’ll be able to spend a lot of time with her.

7. benchrest308

benchrest308 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 13, 2014
    jus_gus, BIGDORK, duramax and 7 others like this.
  8. Xr6x

Xr6x Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 17, 2015
    Right On Matt! It’s always nice to hear good news of abandoned puppies :thumbsup: I think you nailed her physical traits :thumbsup::thumbsup: hopefully that puppy breath will be the beginning of a new bond. Molly looks like she’s going to be a busy little pup :) Wish you all the best :thumbsup:

Last edited: Feb 26, 2021
  9. co556guy

co556guy

Dec 13, 2011
  10. Brian77

Brian77 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 27, 2014
    A funny little guy my daughter got.

Mike157, BIGDORK, trevitrace and 15 others like this.
  11. Standard78

Standard78 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 25, 2015
    Congratulations!

jus_gus, Mike157, duramax and 2 others like this.
  12. Brian77

Brian77 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 27, 2014
    We always have dogs. They (the little ones) find their way into our house somehow. Then into my heart. My wife is very patient. She says they all need to stay outside.... :rolleyes:

BIGDORK, jus_gus, Xr6x and 5 others like this.
  13. duramax

duramax KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 29, 2012
    Your post brought back an old memory :) :)

We’ve always had dogs , three at once for many years. Your post made me remember a story from childhood. So when I was really young we had a small terrier. My Dad went out and got a yellow lab for hunting our first. He was a just a little pup and road all the way home on my lap. He was the best dog and true best friend. Well flash forward to first hunting season. It’s early sun isn’t up yet, my Dads friend arrives. My Mom filed their Coleman Thermo mugs, sandwiches wrapped ready to go. It’s snowing and cold out , heading to duck hunt from shore. I mean you have to picture it’s the late 70’s early 80’s, the clothing the gear. Could be a Norman Rockwell painting lol. And then it happens lol. My Dads buddy says boy I hope he can retrieve, the water is cold with wind blowing !! My Mom did this about face and said that dog better be kept warm !!!!! Then she said DO NOT come home without that dog !!! Or you can stay out !!! Lol I was stunned , shocked !! But not just by what she said but by the fear and look in these two big guys faces lol !!!
    So my Dad went out to the barn got two bales of hay. He then went and got three wool military blankets.
    Well when they got home my Dads friend was laughing. He said the dog was kept warmer then they were lol. They had made a bed from the hay and kept him wrapped in the blankets and dry with another. The outside kennel unused came down and the couch was now his lol.
    Laddie lived a long happy life, he was 16 when he passed.

14. Jo the Machinist

Jo the Machinist KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 17, 2015
    Such a sweet story!

jus_gus, Xr6x, Standard78 and 6 others like this.
  15. jus_gus

jus_gus Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 30, 2011
    My cat acts a little crazy sometimes. Last night she ran up the tree so fast, she looked like she was being chased by a pit bull or something! :D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. BIGDORK

BIGDORK Gold Member Gold Member

May 27, 2018
    She must have seen the cat signal
    [​IMG]

Xr6x, duramax, benchrest308 and 8 others like this.
  17. kurpak

kurpak

Mar 31, 2008
    olive.jpg

Xr6x, Mike157, SwarthyGnome and 13 others like this.
  18. azwelke

azwelke azwelke.com Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 12, 2007
    Its been a while since Ive had a puppy, but this guy is my new shop partner.
    Hes still learning so if you get teeth marks on a sheath, they are not mine.:)
    498DD0FC-F5F4-422A-AAEA-EAEE7F4F8681.jpeg

19. benchrest308

benchrest308 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 13, 2014
    My goodness. Too cute. Blue Heeler?

Xr6x, Mike157, woodysone and 6 others like this.
  20. azwelke

azwelke azwelke.com Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 12, 2007
    Thank you:) Yes Blue Heeler. His name is Silver.

Xr6x, benchrest308, Mike157 and 6 others like this.