1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Week 33 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Boker Urban Trapper 732 , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

CRK Prices are becoming more of a bargain IMO

Discussion in 'Chris Reeve Knives' started by sams, May 20, 2016.

1. sams

sams

Apr 21, 2001
    After a quick look this morning at the high prices on all the new & used quality folders out there, I am convinced CRK knife's are the best deal going. You can purchased one of, if not the best made folder between $280 & $380. A Sebenza, 25, Umnumzaan, Ti Lock or a Mnadi are true bargains in today's market!

I love using my Ebony inlay for everything.

2. RyanRaben

RyanRaben Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 10, 2014
    Agreed, but even at full retail they are still a bargain when you factor in the customer service for life factor. I won't call out other makers, but I know one big name around the same price as a CRK, they charge $14 for sharpening. On top of shipping it to them and back. We just have to pay the shipping. I just mailed in three knives for spas. Got new boxes for free.. even got all new wrenches. FREE.

It all adds up. Excellent company. I love my CRKs.

3. AKWILD

AKWILD Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 13, 2011
    +1...

4. Nikkogi

Nikkogi Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 19, 2009
    I agree with this 100%. I would never buy a CRK new. I have 13 CRK's at the moment and the most I've ever spent on one was $400 and that's a Lg CF inlay. I got all mine for extremely good deals. Lg Micarta 21's regularly go for $350 now!

5. D.B Cooper

D.B Cooper

Dec 17, 2013
    I'm really getting more into CRK, and the value is amazing. I just bought a new old stock 2009 Small 21 with Macassar Ebony inlays from a dealer while my family was on vacation down In Delaware, and handling all the other 3-400 dollar knives there. It made me realize how nice the Sebenza is for the same money.

6. Driften

Driften Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2010
    I agree used CRK's are a great value and I know I have lost money buying then new. I also buys used, but buying from the secondary market does not keep CRK in business and making knives. Just something to remember...

7. Ernie1980

Ernie1980 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 19, 2012
    When you factor in the tools and equipment they use the make the knives, plus the customer service, it does add up to a great deal. If you get a chance watch the factory tour- the machine that really got my attention was the lapping machine to make sure the slaps for the scales are all the exact same thickness!!