1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  2. Week 42 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream, going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    an Kizer Vanguard V4516A1 Domin Folding Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

CRK Wiki

Discussion in 'Chris Reeve Knives' started by KamSingh, Jun 5, 2019.

1. KamSingh

KamSingh

Jan 9, 2006
    loon#r and cbr1000 like this.
  2. Lone_Wolfe

Lone_Wolfe Dazed and Confused Platinum Member

May 3, 2011
    I got this when I went to the site,

--------.jpg

3. bhyde

bhyde UNNECESSARY EVIL Staff Member Super Mod Moderator Platinum Member

Mar 19, 2002
    Comes up fine for me.

4. Lone_Wolfe

Lone_Wolfe Dazed and Confused Platinum Member

May 3, 2011
    What browser? Mine is Firefox.

5. bhyde

bhyde UNNECESSARY EVIL Staff Member Super Mod Moderator Platinum Member

Mar 19, 2002
    Chrome- latest version.

6. KamSingh

KamSingh

Jan 9, 2006
    @Lone_Wolfe Should be fixed now, can you check again please.

7. Josh K

Josh K Pirate

Sep 29, 2008
    I would ask more energy be funneled into https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Reeve_Knives first, since that's more discoverable, more canonical, and will be easier to bring outsiders in. I'm not opposed to multiple sources, but for example I just added the Impinda to Wikipedia and that model has been out almost a year already.

RyanRaben, Lone_Wolfe and loon#r like this.
  8. KamSingh

KamSingh

Jan 9, 2006
    While Wikipedia is more well known they have also shown themselves to have a strong political bias, this may not be something that affects us but it's not something I support.

The Knife Wiki is primarily aimed at knife enthusiasts and collectors so I would hope articles would go more in depth and provide for example a list of changes and updates for a particular knife by model year, not particularly useful or interesting for the average person but invaluable for collectors trying to ascertain information regarding a knife they own.

9. Josh K

Josh K Pirate

Sep 29, 2008
    I'm not asking you to donate and support them, I'm asking that if anyone is to invest energy in creating common knowledge that we start at Wikipedia, which is a de facto common knowledge collection.

An excellent example of why multiple sources would be helpful. :thumbsup:

10. KamSingh

KamSingh

Jan 9, 2006
    @Josh K Yes, no problem with multiple sources.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
    Josh K and bhyde like this.
  11. nickpp

nickpp Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 11, 2005
    Hi Kam
    I’m guessing your the same Kam Singh from the good old days and then at the end not so good days of British Blades?

12. KamSingh

KamSingh

Jan 9, 2006
    Hey Nick,

That’s me, how you been buddy?

Still not so sure on what happened to BB, came back after a few years away to find it had disappeared, oh well I suppose nothing lasts forever.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2019
    nickpp likes this.
  13. laizhekezhui

laizhekezhui

Apr 2, 2012
    KamSingh and nickpp like this.
  14. nickpp

Jun 11, 2005
    Very good thanks fella!
    Yeah, it all got a bit weird over their. Martyn was ill. All sorts of rumours of misappropriate behaviour and lack of communication but we'll never know......
    I’ve become pretty polarised in my knife interests these days and only really look at CR. Are you still doing your knife photography? Is it an interest or did it grow to become a business?

KamSingh likes this.
  15. nickpp

Jun 11, 2005
    Kam you will find Ju has an amazing collection and has amassed an incredible knowledge and insight of CRK's. He’s also a really nice guy!
    There are also a couple of history threads (below) which are worth looking at which may help in any project. Anne is very knowledgeable and helpful, you have to remember as a fledgling business making knives was the priority for Chris. The paperwork and record keeping of early stuff is no where near as neat and systematic as us sad collectors would ideally like
    Since the relocation to the US and once the business established itself, Anne got on top of the record keeping and the history is well documented at the factory:)

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads...timeline-to-date-blade-steel-timeline.639407/

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/picture-history-of-early-crks.1466852/

RyanRaben and KamSingh like this.
  16. KamSingh

KamSingh

Jan 9, 2006
    Sounds much like the situation over at EM.

Can't blame you for only liking CR, I remember going to my first Blade show in '08, after looking around at all of the knives I settled on a pair of micarta sebs large and small, also got to meet Fooj at CRK booth, super nice guy who very kindly threw in a couple t-shirts and dvd for me.

Not doing the photography any more, I was doing some work with a Sheffield knife company, a few UK knifemakers and an engraver before BB blew up, did a recent thread here on BF about my setup if your interested.

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/my-setup-for-knife-photography-lightbox-tent.1663535/

Excellent, much appreciated Nick! Thank you! Was just about to ask if I could use a few of the pictures from your thread, a wealth of knowledge here and I'm looking forward to seeing what we can put together, have made a small start using some of the info in the first thread, hoping to also gather pictures for all the one piece knives if possible.

https://www.knifewiki.org/doku.php?id=manufacturer:crk

nickpp likes this.
  17. KamSingh

KamSingh

Jan 9, 2006
    Excellent, I hope we can help each other with this project. Could you please send me an email at [email protected] Thanks!