1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  2. Week 42 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream, going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    an Kizer Vanguard V4516A1 Domin Folding Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

Cross brand grinder compatibility

Discussion in 'Shop Talk - BladeSmith Questions and Answers' started by EastCompassoKnivery, Jun 25, 2018.

1. EastCompassoKnivery

EastCompassoKnivery

Feb 26, 2014
    Howdy! I have had a KMG for a few years now and I have yet to purchase a 8 inch contact wheel for it simply because I cannot seem to shell out that kind of money for something I am doing okay without.

Recently however, I have come across the Ameribrade grinders and their accessories that fit the KMG. I am just a bit concerned on how compatible they really are.

My question is, For those that have either Ameribrade or KMG, what all does it take to get a functioning contact wheel on your grinder? Will I need to go out and buy additional parts? Or is everything I need available from Ameribrade?

2. Tin.Man

Tin.Man

Sep 5, 2010
    A longer bolt and a spacer/washer is about all

P.Brewster likes this.
  3. jll346

jll346 Knife maker Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 29, 2006
    The big wheels Ameribrade is selling are overseas produced. However, all the reviews of them have been very positive. Great price and great guys to do business with as well.

4. Ken H>

Ken H>

Dec 31, 2011
    I ordered one of these that's works good. It did need a bit of balancing, but that's easy to do.
    https://goo.gl/e6rLMM