1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Curiosity question, what knife will you always own?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by salduchi, Aug 8, 2018.

1. Detroit Steel

Detroit Steel

Jul 12, 2018
    An XM-18 Spanto 3" and my Spartan Harsey Folder. As far as fixed blades, my Benchmade bushcrafter comes close.

2. teddy1093

teddy1093 Gold Member Gold Member

May 12, 2017
    image.jpg Para 2 m390

3. Mick_1KRR

Mick_1KRR

May 1, 2016
    On a side note, always enjoyed your channel, you're one of the very few tubers that I seem to always share the same thoughts with. No bull$h1t, practical realistic knife reviews. Cheers

clearkevin likes this.
  4. sabre cat

sabre cat Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 4, 2014
    I like my Benchmade 162 also but, I think the Field Knife from CPK would be a better knife for me.

5. Ironbut

Ironbut Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 1, 2016
    If I had to get rid of all my knives but one, I'd keep one of my medium stockmans. Deciding which of my stockmans to keep may be a problem though.

6. clearkevin

clearkevin Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 7, 2014
    Thanks I enjoy doing it so it's nice that some people enjoy watching

7. Hansen81

Hansen81

Jun 25, 2019
    Which do you like better?

8. Murphjd25

Murphjd25 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 27, 2016
    I plan on keeping my large Sebenza and skinny Slicer xm-18 3.5 until I’m dead and hopefully I can teach my son how great of tools they are so he keeps them in the family.

danbot likes this.
  9. Rykjeklut

Rykjeklut Basic Member Basic Member

May 23, 2018
    Probably all of them :rolleyes:

DocJD, colin.p and ScooterG like this.
  10. kaos 13

kaos 13

Apr 30, 2019
    if I had to pick one it would probably my ka bar short 1258 kraton handle Plain edge kydex sheath I like the out doors and camping hunting and the shorty has been doing it all for 5 years and I am attached to it I have other knives I would not want to part with eather but that's the one that gets the most use

11. BigWillie

BigWillie

Jun 4, 2019
    Probably a BK 16....Only negative thought I've ever had about it when I think of food prep with that coating. And that's easy enough to strip off i'm just lazy

Just about perfect ergos for a camp blade.

Folders I'm sure I'll replace sooner or later. I don't generally have a rotation and I don't buy high end enough to expect them to last a lifetime.

12. kaos 13

kaos 13

Apr 30, 2019
    I have striped most of the powder coating off the shorty it is better and acid etched with Apple cider vinegar i like it
    http://imgur.com/a/IATFKTk

Last edited: Jun 25, 2019
    BigWillie likes this.
  13. soc_monki

soc_monki

Apr 5, 2019
    Spyderco Amalgam

GundaManiac likes this.
  14. specgrade

specgrade Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 21, 2009
    The knives my wife and kids give me.

TenShun705 likes this.
  15. ggw

ggw Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 13, 2018
    My Western Bowie W 49 and a Case Peanut.

kaos 13 likes this.
  16. T.L.E. Sharp

T.L.E. Sharp That's right, it's genuine Velveeta... Platinum Member

Jun 30, 2016
    The core Seki Spydercos. Endura, Delica and Dragonfly. They're just too good, especially in ZDP-189. I also don't see the Spydiechef ever vacating the collection.

TenShun705 likes this.
  17. JBoone

JBoone

Dec 30, 2012
    Endura/Delica and SAK will do it for me if I had to pair down to next to nothing in folders.

18. Detroit Steel

Detroit Steel

Jul 12, 2018
    3rd pic down, what blade is that?

19. DocJD

DocJD

Jan 29, 2016
    :) Yeah ! It's sorta like "which of your children will you keep " . o_O

Rykjeklut likes this.
  20. DrRollinstein

DrRollinstein Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 20, 2018
    My red Spyderco Manix 2 and my Umnumzaan, which was born December 22nd, my birthday.