1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Curiosity question, what knife will you always own?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by salduchi, Aug 8, 2018.

1. DCFree

DCFree Gold Member Gold Member

May 24, 2019
    Recently got an Umnumzaan which I had always been lukewarm about before getting one. Was stunned at how much I like it versus other CRKs and other knives. Incredible blade, great action, the feel of the rubber bushings is unique (and good), and I really like the ceramic ball lock up. Unexpectedly may have vaulted to the top of my list.

jkwithawave likes this.
  2. scottyj

scottyj

Jan 29, 2009
    I will admit that I really did like the knife, and wish I still had it. It was an OD Green one, and it came razor sharp, and had perfect ergo's for my hand. After a few weeks I couldn't figure out why it kept getting side to side play. One day I took it apart and found that the pivot screw hole in the G-10 was all broken/augered out. Not a perfect circle for the screw to fit in. The hole was almost the same size as the screw head. I didn't feel like sending it back for repair. I was kinda turned off to the "linerless" design of the Recon 1, so I gave it away. Now I'm looking to get a Voyager to replace it.

3. MeritedEdge

MeritedEdge

Jan 3, 2018
    Probably my Gayle Bradley 2. I own many knives but something about it keeps me going back and putting it in my pocket.

4. sgt1372

sgt1372 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Oct 16, 2018
    If all 300+ were stolen/destroyed?

Probably the Buck 110 that I still own that I bought when I was a teenager in the 60's long b4 I even thought about collecting a single knife.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2019
  5. JB in LV

JB in LV Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2016
    My experience is similar to many of the recent posts.

My first was a Buck 110. I cannot see myself without a couple Alox SAKs (Cadet and Farmer). Also a GEC 15 that has special meaning. Really like the Star-Tac Umnumzaan (below pic).

The one I will always own, above all others, is the Small Sebenza Dog Paw (below pic).

449912E2-E188-4390-B101-F6C5DDD2BBAD.jpeg

6. effenoam

effenoam Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 19, 2013
    Screenshot_20190705-195151_Gallery.jpg

Sergeua likes this.
  7. Murphjd25

Murphjd25 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 27, 2016
    I’ve added one more to the list.

CRK Large Sebenza 21 PJ
    Hinderer XM-18 3.5” Skinny Slicer
    CPK FK2

8. t5brick

t5brick

Oct 4, 2018
    My Benchmade 5500. I bought it in 2006 to replace the Benchmade 705 that I lost in a breakup. It’s just 154CM steel and it’s kind of beat up, but I carried daily it for the better part of 10 years and it never let me down.

9. Sedit

Sedit Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 18, 2018
    Kershaw knockout
    The knife that started my crazy trip

10. jux t

jux t Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 10, 2018
    My other knives may come and go, but I will always have my recon 1’s and master hunters.

11. eugenechia1989

eugenechia1989

May 15, 2017
    Cold Steel American Lawman (CTS-XHP)
    Cold Steel Code 4 (spear-point; CTS-XHP)

The two knives in my current collection I would never let go.

jux t likes this.
  12. noob93

noob93

Feb 6, 2016
    Really like that one. Who made it anyways? For me I have a fixed blade made by cm before he passed that I will never part with.

effenoam likes this.
  13. Pharmagator

Pharmagator Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Starmate 1.JPG

my favorite Spyderco...

TenShun705 and DCFree like this.
  14. USMCPOP

USMCPOP

Jan 6, 2016
    Nothing to do with collecting/flipping but I have my Boy Scout pocket knife and a Buck 102 Woodsman that I've had for 50+ years or so. Can't imagine getting rid of them. I have a few select big handmade knives I got in Thailand 40+ years ago that I treasure. (A couple hilltribe knives, a few Thai farmer knives made for me by an old blacksmith I worked with.) That sort of thing.

15. effenoam

effenoam Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 19, 2013
    Sean McWilliams, not much love on this forum because he forges stainless. I would try one for yourself if you can.

16. b00n

b00n Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 15, 2016
    I'll limit myself to three.
    Brands: CKF, CRK and Reate
    Specific Models: Umnumzaan, Fif23 and K-2 (Thumb Stud, Front Flipper and a regular Flipper. Covers all bases.)

17. yamsi12

yamsi12

Feb 16, 2013
    ZT 0450, when I bought it I had no idea that of all my knives it would be carried the most. It’s a great knife.
    [​IMG]

CanadaKnifeGuy likes this.
  18. 017

Mar 31, 2016
    Some kind of 91mm-or-larger Victorinox Swiss Army Knife.

19. cchu518

cchu518 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 6, 2013
    My longest in current use knives are a Dexter Russell Chinese Chef Knife and a fantastic Cutco chef knife. Both have seen weekly use for the better part of 15 years and are appropriately worn down and still going strong.

CanadaKnifeGuy likes this.
  20. powerslave

powerslave

Jul 19, 2014
    If I had to get rid of all my knives except one, I would keep this one.
    I carry and use it more than any other of my knives. :)
    Picture is from the day when it was new now it has some scratches, anodization has some wear and it has been sharpened few times.
    [​IMG]