Custom Folder Recommendation

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by lpr3, Jul 4, 2020.

1. Biochemdawg

Biochemdawg Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 11, 2018
    Larry Withrow posts some thumbstud knives on bearings in the maker’s area of the forum Every now and then. For the price they are nearly unbeatable. He’s been post slow of late but it’s worth every penny when ya can get one. Just to throw different options. Dustin Snyder also executes a fine thumbstud on bearings

2. K.O.D.

K.O.D. Sanity Not Included Platinum Member

Aug 21, 2013
    I've wanted one for years. Almost had one for my 25 year brain tumor free anniversary back in 2016. Alas, mounting bills due to my now ex-wife put the kibosh on that, and eventually had to sell my Tighe, Strider, and a few others to make ends meet. If I'm working and have the money, maybe I'll get one for my 30 year BTF anniversary.

Forester_01 and Richard338 like this.
  3. lpr3

lpr3 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2005
    Dustin Snyder looks promising. Thank you

4. Jcsixx01

Jcsixx01 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 3, 2018
    Tuff knives. Laconico. Pena.

5. Mainecobra

Mainecobra Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 27, 2015
    Karroll

6. Ron Sabbagh

Ron Sabbagh Platinum Member Platinum Member

Sep 15, 1999
    I’d start with any Chris Reeve knife

pick one....any one you like...

once you’ve carried it for awhile, you’ll have a better idea of what you want in a custom. Literally anything you want can be made custom, but the key is knowing what you want.

7. These were my picks, but I tend to like stuff at the more staid end of the spectrum. Sinkevich makes some amazing custom stuff, too. The Coordinal Leaf knives are jawdropping.