Custom Shop Buck arrived

Discussion in 'Buck Knives' started by datsgor, Nov 15, 2005.

1. datsgor

datsgor

Sep 27, 2005
    Got my Sambar Stag and Damascus on monday....

2. Doug C

Doug C

Mar 15, 2005
    What a great looking knife.Just super,things seem to be going well at the Custom shop! :thumbup: :cool:

3. chickentrax

chickentrax

Aug 5, 2005
    Good looking scales! :)

They look like they have little gray speckles in them...both of my Sambar stag knives show the same speckles... ;)

I think I'd like the Elk scales...but I'm waiting to see someone else's before I order one... :p

(Is it just me...or are there three faint circles on the blade???) :eek:

4. Guyon

Guyon Biscuit Whisperer Staff Member Super Mod

Mar 15, 2000
    Beautiful knife. That one's a keeper.

5. jjforce

jjforce

Jun 28, 2005
    Great Looking knife. Very well done.

6. datsgor

datsgor

Sep 27, 2005
    Yea, it's a good one alright...the stag handle really feel good..they fill up my hand (more than flat wood)nicely...I was gonna baby this, but now I'm just gonna make it my carry knife and beat it up...what the hell! Yes those are little circles on the blade:confused: ...maybe from clamping ..I don't know...it doesn't really matter to me...but I am curious to see others...by the way, this blade is dated with an anvil.. not the new Idaho date:grumpy: all in all i love this knife:D John

7. T.K.C.

T.K.C.

May 7, 2005
    THAT is a gorgeous knife!!! WOW!!

8. Doug Selsor

Doug Selsor

Mar 5, 2001
    Got my Sambar and BG42 in the mail today, too.

Doug

9. Daniel

Daniel Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 3, 1998
    Beautiful knife! Great choice.

Thanks for posting-I always wondered what the engraving looked like and you provided a good view.

10. panella

panella

Sep 2, 2003
    Beautiful knife. Great combination.

11. Doug Selsor

Doug Selsor

Mar 5, 2001
    What are those three circles on the blade?

Doug

12. rhino

rhino

Dec 30, 2000
    We want to know how well their damascus performs too!

13. Chip

Chip

May 17, 2000
    Great looking knife.:cool:

14. datsgor

datsgor

Sep 27, 2005
    The damascus is razor sharp...only time will tell how it performs...the three circles are actually 4....on both sides...so i don't know what they are from. Maybe Joe will respond.....Thanks for all the compliments...I love it too. John

15. chickentrax

chickentrax

Aug 5, 2005
    Some type of clamping device for sharpening maybe??? :confused:

How do they fasten the "rivetless" scales on??? Glue???

I must say I like the look of a polished rivet head poking through the scale... ;)

16. Psychopomp

Psychopomp

Feb 21, 2005
    oooooh pictures? As I'm done with knife buying for '05 (I'm more than happy with my new Native), I'm thinking my first knife of '06 is gonna be a custom 110 with stag and BG42. Probably with my name and date of construction engraved on the bolsters.

Did you go with brass or nickle bolsters? Both look very nice with stag, so I can't decide. Also, did you choose a riveted handle or not? Aside from the MOP, I think all the handle materials look better with rivets.

Datsgor, that is a beautiful knife!

17. Doug Selsor

Doug Selsor

Mar 5, 2001

Just wondering. I've got one in water buffalo and damascus, but with no circles.

Doug

18. Mike Kerins

Mike Kerins

Nov 14, 2004
    It just goes to show you....everyone has a different opinion. I really like the look without the rivets. I also like the narrow profile that the finger groove version provides. As far as brass or nickel bolsters, I can't make up my mind either. I just ordered one with nickel bolsters but will probably spill for one with brass next year. :D

19. Psychopomp

Psychopomp

Feb 21, 2005
    Heh, I don't like the finger grooves on the 110, but I don't mind them on the 112. Without them, I think the 112 feels a little like a club.

20. Mike Kerins

Mike Kerins

Nov 14, 2004
    It's funny you should mention the 112. I carried a 112 for eight years as a San Diego cop and really liked it. I have small hands and it was just the right size. I still use it from time to time 33 years after I bought it brand new as an EDC. It's still a great little knife.