1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

custom shop wishlist.....

Discussion in 'Buck Knives' started by jbmonkey, Apr 23, 2019.

1. jbmonkey

jbmonkey Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 9, 2011
    sure everyone has a list of things they wish could/would happen in the custom shop.....starting with bringing back the old true custom shop;)......that aside....

1st pick due to I think it could be done and easily.......I'd like a pocket clip option for the 110. yes I know many here dislike pocket clips and that's fine. there are many folks who like them, maybe not participating here as I do, but they are out there in masses. buying up slims to get one.

2nd wish list add is more steel choices. nothing crazy just normal buck steels such as d2, cpm154, s35vn, 5160, w2, 440c, 20cv, etc. wouldn't even mind if buck determined which steels were useful for which custom build knife. so couldnt get them all in one knife but only the ones buck said would work well for said model knife.

also wouldnt be upset if xhp, m4, etc were added as well.

2. afishhunter

afishhunter

Oct 21, 2014
    Custom Shoppe 301 giving choice of covers, blade steel(s), blade grind (FFG vs HG), and number of blades.
    The option of a full length Spey and Sheepsfoot or Lambsfoot blades would also be welcome, in my humble (and worthless) opinion. :)

I know that a 307 sized (or larger) option for the 301, and a choice of brass, nickel silver, or steel bolsters and liners are well outside the realms of possibility.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
    1Ronin, jbmonkey and jmh33 like this.
  3. eveled

eveled Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 11, 2016
    The choices are fine IMHO. Just not enough models. What would it take to be able to “customize” every model?

You should be able to pick a handle material and order a whole set to match.

jbmonkey likes this.
  4. hhmoore

hhmoore Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2014
    Blade steel is the one for me. One of the knives I want doesn't even have an upgrade option. I'd be satisfied with CPM154; but, if they want to throw in M4, it would only pull me in for more knives.

EricRedAxe, Canvsbk and jbmonkey like this.
  5. GPyro

GPyro Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 18, 2019
    I like pocket clips.

If they put one on the new Open Season folder I would already own one. I know the old model had one but I'm not a fan of liner locks on knives that large..... plus they are a pain to clean up after use.

...….but then that would negate half of the fixed blade knives I own.

jbmonkey likes this.
  6. Canvsbk

Canvsbk Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Took the words right off my iPad. For me it’s all about the blade steel.

jbmonkey likes this.
  7. jbmonkey

Jun 9, 2011
    actually a worthwhile opinion, Sir. I like the way youre thinking on this one. plus its a wishlist...:)

8. Ernie1980

Ernie1980 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 19, 2012
    I would like to see different blade steels offered, and for all the knives in the custom shop. Also, a spear point blade option for the 110 and 112 would be great!

bucksway and jbmonkey like this.
  9. st8yd

st8yd Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 6, 2009
    Drop point blade option on any 110/112 style knife. As importantly what ever blade they have available be an option for a reblade.

redcanoe and jbmonkey like this.
  10. kossetx

kossetx

Apr 11, 2017
    If they did that they'd have people breaking their knife to get a blade of choice.

What I'd like to see is a regular run 905. I'm currently in a big knife phase and I need something heavier than a 124 to slice through limbs and greenbrier in one wack. The 124 just doesn't have enough umph.

jbmonkey likes this.
  11. st8yd

st8yd Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 6, 2009
    I don't mean give it away, charge accordingly.

jbmonkey likes this.
  12. BuckShack

BuckShack Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 19, 2015
    I would add Blue Micarta as an Custom Shop option. I love it. And put the 302 Solitaire in the line up!

[​IMG]

orangejoe35, jbmonkey and afishhunter like this.
  13. STDK

STDK Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 31, 2006
    All the above and I would like a Grooved Bolster option.

afishhunter and jbmonkey like this.
  14. 110 Dave

110 Dave Gold Member Gold Member

May 6, 2004
    ah ha! to get me to order a custom shop knife...
    lets see... first is steel choice s30v
    2ed is handle inlays rams horn or jigged impala ...
    3ed a extra light alum frame is nice...
    4th reg 420hc steel but with choice of past gold etch blades or
    5th choice of cutout designs in the computer files...
    so cut out of choice in alum frame with rams horn... yep got it ?

bucksway and jbmonkey like this.
  15. jbmonkey

Jun 9, 2011
    yep got it. good to see ya back Dave......

16. JD Bear

JD Bear Gold Member Basic Member Gold Member

Aug 4, 2015
    Bone. Wood is probably my favorite, but I would love a 110 and 112 with bone scales. A nice brown or chestnut jigged bone would be awesome. If they threw the 300 series in there I'd be pretty happy with that too...

Reitwagen, jbmonkey and Lesknife like this.
  17. STEELHEADBULLY

STEELHEADBULLY Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 4, 2014
    Have you tried the froe? That will get through about anything that isn't steel in one wack!

jbmonkey and Lesknife like this.
  18. Lesknife

Lesknife Platinum Member Platinum Member

Mar 31, 2018
    I would like this as well! I’m also wondering if s35vn will gradually replace s30v as we see more s35vn offerings from Buck. As yet I don’t have any knives in s35vn but I’ve heard a lot of good things about it when good heat treatment is applied which I’m confident in Bos ht. I have several Buck knives in s30v and they have performed excellent with only one exception of my very first Vantage small had some chipping but after resharpening it has had no problems. I have been very impressed with 20cv so far and it stays sharp a long time and only touched up two times and stropped in 5 months everyday use.

jbmonkey likes this.
  19. RevolverGuy

RevolverGuy

Aug 19, 2015
    I'd like more sheath options to the 110/112. Maybe a leather one for horizontal carry.

20. David Martin

David Martin Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 7, 2008
    Buck has done a few of these: a 110 with routed buffalo horn to look like Impala, placed on a silver frame. This may still be a custom shop
    option. DM

Lesknife and jbmonkey like this.