1. Washington action alert - Spring blade knife ban repeal thread. Hearing is Tues, Vote is Friday, let your voice be heard!

Cyber Monday deals?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Motega, Dec 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Motega

Motega Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Jun 20, 2006
    Haven't seen anything extraordinary, but we're snowed in today so if you find anything share, and we'll do likewise.

Wilfred17 and rexromic like this.
  2. Motega

Jun 20, 2006
    Does anyone know if forum rules frown on mentioning the big retailers? Just asking because I get bombarded with emails from 3-4 of the biggest and while I didn't see anything I wanted, it would be nice if we were free to pass along the info.

I am seeing a lot of deals on discontinued Benchmades, but otherwise honestly not that much exciting out there.

Of all the big retailers I usually try to vet them by searching "ferrum forge" or "strider" to see how deep their pockets go or if they do consignments. I was pleasantly surprised that GPknives has a lot of high end stock, hadn;t really heard of them before I started this insane quest for a Stinger in SM-100.

In the meantime, if anyone still needs to buy me a Christmas present, either of these would make me really happy:

https://www.gpknives.com/mick-strid...lor-orange-peel-titanium-frame-lock-4128.html

https://www.gpknives.com/mick-strid...-textured-titanium-frame-lock-knife-3650.html

I'll send you my address : )

3. marcinek

marcinek Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 9, 2007
    Yes. That is a deal spot, and expressly against the rules.

If its not from one of our supporting advertisers, you cannot tell us about someone's deals.

"No Deal Spotting

BladeForums.com stays open due to paid subscriptions from various member groups, including Dealers who help sponsor this site. A dealer who does not have a paid subscription is not allowed to advertise in any way, shape, or form. In the past, dealers have used 'shill' accounts to promote themselves & their products; as a result we've limited all dealer advertising to The Exchange or registered Dealers with active paid subscriptions."

https://www.bladeforums.com/help/site-rules/

4. Motega

Jun 20, 2006
    Sorry, I should read the rules and follow them, but I hope it's obvious there's no ulterior motives in my post except for helping each other out.
    Thanks for clarifying.

5. marcinek

Jan 9, 2007
    Doesn't matter what one's motivation is.

If it is not a deal from a supporting dealer, giving the price by saying it, or linking to it, is not allowed.

"No deal spotting, spam, or other similar behavior. Seriously, show respect for the people who help keep this place open."

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads...id-memberships-faqs-more.494370/#post-4846475

6. ScooterG

ScooterG You mean Ireland? Yeah, it’s mine. Gold Member

Mar 15, 2016
    F833DF27-9730-48D6-AA05-B46C684AFC70.jpeg

7. marcinek

Jan 9, 2007
    :p Hey, the dude asked. The supporting dealers pay good money to promote their deals. Their support helps keep the site open. So promoting someone else's deals is quite "frowned upon" by BF management.

Often people cite their intent when discussing the "no deal spot" thing or the "what's my knife worth" thing.

It's important, if one doesn't want to run afoul of the mods, to know that intent doesn't matter. :thumbsup:

Zero tolerance policy. BLAHAHAHAHAHAHA! "Zero Tolerance"! I made a knife funny!

8. Motega

Jun 20, 2006
    I apologized, no need to be a jerk about it. Go grab a handful of nails and I will meet you in Golgotha so you can crucify me.

9. South paw draw

South paw draw Yep.....I'm a idiot. Platinum Member

Sep 23, 2019
    Your paid membership also helps keep the site open. Oh wait you don't have one do you Pinocchio.

10. Motega

Jun 20, 2006
    So you think I am shilling for every major distributor?
    Don't know why gun and knife sites all have more than the average of arrogant, hostile folks.
    I was just trying to help everyone out.
    Relax yourself. I'm sure the mods will handle it if they take issue over an innocent mistake. Who appointed you as prosecutor?

sechip likes this.
  11. South paw draw

Sep 23, 2019
    Relax brother. Pinocchio tries to yank everyone's chain. It is actually against the blade forums rules. But yes a mod will either tell you to edit your post or they will remove it. It's the holidays. I'd say spend $10 and buy a 1 year basic membership. Show the mods and spark you support the forums yourself. That should at least show your honest intentions.

Cheers brother.

12. 83Rambo

83Rambo

Nov 29, 2018
    Just curious why someone can’t mention a deal they seen on cyber Monday. I see people mention knives and the prices they paid for them all the time on here. There’s tons of threads based on best knives for specific price groups.

13. Dogdrawz

Dogdrawz Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 15, 2016
    [​IMG]

South paw draw and Motega like this.
  14. Motega

Jun 20, 2006
    I am going to buy a membership next paycheck.
    I'm a public school teacher with severe disabilities and 2 little kids. I have saved up for 3 years just to buy a TSPROF and a half dozen good knives and the membership is next on my list, I'm going to do it next paycheck .

I worked in a gun shop during college and have been part of many forums. Besides the Leatherwall for traditional archery and The High Road, these sites attract a lot of belligerent people. I don't get why , but I am the kind of guy to give you the shirt off my back and don't like to see people be mean.

15. South paw draw

Sep 23, 2019
    Because its against the rules. And the ones you see listing the knives and the deals are probably from supporting online retailers. You can list any deal from any supporting online retailers.

I don't make the rules, I just follow them. And I do my best to be as nice and respectful as I can to pass the word on.

Dcdavis and MolokaiRider like this.
  16. 83Rambo

83Rambo

Nov 29, 2018
    Didn’t see the deal spotting part there. Makes sense.

17. 4mer_FMF

4mer_FMF Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 9, 2016
    @Motega
    I just gifted you a membership.
    Merry Christmas!

(...and don’t forget to read up on the rules...hehehe. ;))

palonej, DB_Cruiser, Quiet and 18 others like this.
  18. South paw draw

Sep 23, 2019
    Good man. Tip my hat to you fine sir.

19. ScooterG

ScooterG You mean Ireland? Yeah, it’s mine. Gold Member

Mar 15, 2016
    Should we gift Marci a PG Platinum membership? :D

20. South paw draw

Sep 23, 2019
    I wouldn't gift him a bag of poop