1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Damascus Damascus Damascus 186 style completed

Discussion in 'JAG Custom Knives' started by JAGcustomknives, Jun 13, 2012.

1. JAGcustomknives

JAGcustomknives Specializing in The Buck 110 Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 31, 2010
    Here's a project I've kinda forgot about until 110 Dave showed us his new Bama damascus 110 which is very cool.
    It's in Leroys hands for now for finishing, as the blade was "vented" before heat treat and the grind and polish is thought to be difficult.
    I also could not find any Ferric Chloride up here and asked if Leroy would do the etching as well. I've since aquired some and may try the etching myself.
    I think it would be very cool to make a damascus pocket clip, perhaps in the future.
    It is nearly complete. My first etch/heat treat and turned out nice.
    [​IMG]

I'm not using a factory damascus blade as originally planned, but a matching pattern of birdseye

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 10, 2012
  2. JAGcustomknives

JAGcustomknives Specializing in The Buck 110 Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 31, 2010
    Busy last night in the shop heat treating and etching.
    This is the first complete knife blade with my stamp. I'm going to have to keep this one. I'm also going to make another one right away. Leroy did the hollow grind on this one, but now that I have a Bader, with a little practice, I hope to grind the next one myself.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 11, 2012
  3. JAGcustomknives

Aug 31, 2010
    [​IMG]

4. JAGcustomknives

Aug 31, 2010
    [​IMG]

5. i2ookthablu1

i2ookthablu1

Sep 8, 2012
    Two thumbs up! Would look good with rivets :)

6. JAGcustomknives

Aug 31, 2010
    I've got parts ordered to do such a thing :)

7. GRIM 62

GRIM 62

Mar 29, 2009
    Wow,that is bad to the bone,and one of a kind!

8. JAGcustomknives

Aug 31, 2010
    Apparently there is a similar one out there, I wish I could see it! Leory remer said he has done one.

9. JAGcustomknives

Aug 31, 2010
    This one is going overseas where they think adjustable pivot knives are dangerous.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 8, 2014
  10. i2ookthablu1

i2ookthablu1

Sep 8, 2012
    I prefer rivets. I would rather have the choice to choose myself but i do like the rivets :)