1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

3. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Damascus Hunter Recurve in Cocobolo and Leather

Discussion in 'For Sale: Fixed Blades' started by Bailey Knives, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Bailey Knives

Bailey Knives KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 18, 2004
    This is made of damascus forged from 1095 and Hitachi Blue 2. It is about 200 layers. It has been hand sanded to 800 grit and etched to show the bold layers.

The handle is cocobolo, with a stainless steel guard. I heat colored the guard to a nice bronze color. The pin has been domed and it holds everything together securely. The butt end is rounded and adds a nice touch to the overall look.

The sheath is 7-8oz hand tooled leather from Wickett and Craig. The knife fits snugly and draws easily.

Dimensions
    Blade - 5" tip to guard
    OAL - 9 7/8"

Price - $sold shipped to US. I will ship internationally for an additional fee.

I will have this posted elsewhere, so the first timestamp saying "I'll take it!" gets it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
  2. Seesteel

Seesteel Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 7, 2018
    This one got the very thing I like most!

3. Bailey Knives

Bailey Knives KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 18, 2004

Sorry about the sound quality.

4. keepemsharp

keepemsharp

Nov 2, 2005
    I will take it, Matt. email sent.

5. Bailey Knives

Oct 18, 2004
    Keepemsharp, it is yours. Thanks!