1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Off Topic Daughter Nele ...

Discussion in 'Buck Knives' started by Haebbie, Aug 2, 2019.

1. Haebbie

Haebbie Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 27, 2006
    ... is in the U.S.A. now. She is an exchange Student and will attend an American Highschool. She found a host family in Arkansas in a town near the Mississippi. She will be there for roundabout 10 Month. Is anybody of you, guys, living in Arkansas?
    I am sure she will have a great time there as I had when I met you at the BCCI annual celebrations.

Haebbie

B5173AF8-2153-4D83-B197-932EB5D284CB.jpeg

The entrance of our house near Berlin
    909A7CB8-ED57-4A4F-9FA0-9A02E716EC52.jpeg

Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
    Fixall, bucksway, Vaporstang and 13 others like this.
  2. jbmonkey

jbmonkey Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 9, 2011
    good for her. hope she has a good time and experience here in the states and also in the south.

like the usa flag flying high there in berlin, Sir.:thumbsup:

Haebbie and sassafrassdogs3 like this.
  3. Ernie1980

Ernie1980 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 19, 2012
    We had a German exchange student from Hamburg two years ago, it was a great experience! I hope she enjoys her year here!!

Haebbie, sassafrassdogs3 and jbmonkey like this.
  4. DDDWho

DDDWho

Aug 21, 2015
    I'm sure you are very proud of her. Pretty girl. Depending on where she will be in eastern Arkansas on the Mississippi river and consequently Mississippi the area is known as the birth place of American Blues Music. The Mississippi Delta area of NW Miss. is a treasure of Blues history. Local musicians still play Blues on street corners. Helena and W. Helena Arkansas is home to the King Biscuit Blues festival each year in October. The main stage is expensive and those who play there are mostly not Blues people but other stages around town are free with some outstanding modern and country Blues musicians. I love the area and make pilgrimages there every fall.
    Good luck to her.

bucksway and jbmonkey like this.
  5. Haebbie

Jun 27, 2006
    It is a good symbol, isn’t it? I am really thankful that the US Government and the American people donate the student exchange with Germany. The program was started a few years after WW2 to improve the contact between Americans and Germans. And it is a great experience for our young people.

Haebbie

Brhowser87, jbmonkey and Lesknife like this.
  6. Haebbie

Jun 27, 2006
    The first contact was great! I’m confident Nele has a wonderful time with her host family. I hope it works with her Highschool too.

Haebbie

7. Haebbie

Jun 27, 2006
    The host family is in the American Blues. And I love the music too. I have a lot of records with the sound if the south.
    I was not able to wow Nele about the Blues. But may be her host mother does. She wrote she is an enthusiast rare blues fan and visits several concerts. May be she’s taking Nele with her. Biscuit Blues Festival sounds good. I would go there definitely.

Haebbie

jbmonkey likes this.
  8. kossetx

kossetx

Apr 11, 2017
    I've had several exchange students in my class. They're always the best kids. I even had one from Mexico.

And now you have a built in supplier to Haebbie. Good luck to her. It's kinda quiet in E Arkansas.

9. jbmonkey

jbmonkey Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 9, 2011
    yes Sir. some here and in the world focus on things they dont like, but forget about the good America's done for the world and its citizens. we are proud and love our country....well most of us do......:)

10. Lodd

Lodd Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 23, 2015
    Is this how you import all those wonderful american knives? ;)

11. Haebbie

Jun 27, 2006
    May be :) ;)

H.

12. Old Hunter

Old Hunter Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 12, 2012
    Hope your Nele has a wonderful time in America. In eastern Arkansas she will see the great waterfowl migration that takes place each winter, down the Mississippi Flyway. Pass along my congratulations to her. OH

13. brownshoe

brownshoe I support this site with my MIND

Sep 6, 2002
    Arkansas has good BBQ, and Memphis is on the other side of the river. If she likes metal like her Pa, the Metal Museum in Mephis is neat. I got to handle a Virgil England sword & knife there made with meteorite iron. In case you visit her. :). I saw my first crop dusting plane in action in SE AK, that was neat.