Deals for 3/30 --Pix Tarwar, Bhanduk and Great Buys

Discussion in 'Himalayan Imports' started by Yangdu, Mar 30, 2011.

1. Yangdu

Yangdu [email protected] Himalayan Imports-Owner Moderator

Apr 5, 2005
    Beautifullly done 20 inch 35 ounce Bhanduk Knife by Rajkumar the (prince). Chiruwa style horn handle. Steel gauard. It truly is a work of art. Add to ever-growing collection at $215. *SOLD*
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

20.5 inch 30 ounce Chitlangi by Tirtha. Satisal wood handle. Top quality work by Tirtha. Perfect gift for your loved one at $165.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

15 inch 24 ounce villager fit and finish Ganga Ram special by Bal Bhadur Kami.
    Horn handle with white metal bolster and buttcap. This Knife comes wtihe Steve's KMFR sheath. Great camping Knife at $115. *SOLD*
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

HI TARWAR BY YOUG SHER

Overall length --29 1/8''
    Weight --40 oz
    Spine thickness --1/4''
    Oval shape steel guard
    Brass bolster, buttcap and tip
    Caved satisal wood handle with thre pins
    Red leather scabbard
    Super sharp blade
    The scabbard is bit loose
    Nice work by young tiger
    I am offering this great combat Sword at $225.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 31, 2011
  2. Yangdu

Apr 5, 2005
  3. blade54

blade54

Feb 10, 2011
    I’ll take the 15” villager GRS.

4. Yangdu

Apr 5, 2005
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Qeth

Qeth

Dec 13, 2010
    Man, I'm tempted to get that tarwar. Looks just like Rajkumar's.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2011
  6. blade54

blade54

Feb 10, 2011
    FYI - email sent

7. mobileninja

mobileninja

Mar 17, 2011
    Oh I didn't notice you sent the email prior.

Auntie please disregard my email for the Ganga Ram.

Sorry about that blade. I'll be faster next time.

8. heinlein

heinlein

Aug 23, 2010
    Knew that wouldn't last. It's exactly what a few people have been asking for.

9. mobileninja

mobileninja

Mar 17, 2011
    Right. I thought I was all over that one. I was even going to order two more sheaths for my other two. I'll wait for another grs, m43 or cak. From what I read the GRS would be the better chopper yes? I'm starting to question my YCS as my outdoors/camping tool based on some of the commentary here. I still think its an awesome blade and seemed sturdy and choppy enough but if it wasn't made for field use I don't want to push it's limits.

BTW. Blade I sent another email asking to disregard my request for the GRS. Awesome catch.

10. heinlein

heinlein

Aug 23, 2010
    I wouldn't worry too much about the YCS. As long as testing to destruction isn't part of your outdoors/camping tool plans it should work fine.

That's part of the DOTD experience; if you're the faster shark the rest of us accept we lost out with no ill will.

11. Steely_Gunz

Steely_Gunz Got the Khukuri fevah Moderator

May 9, 2002
    That Tarwar is breathtaking. Your children's children's children will be passing it down:eek:

12. seanmizusmc

seanmizusmc

Jan 20, 2011
    thanks for taking that GRS away. it looks nice, but i really need to hold out for an 18" or bigger BC or maybe a super CAK.

13. Steve Tall

Steve Tall

Aug 28, 2010
    Not many Bhanduk knives around.
    Here's some backstory:

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=8575352

14. Steve Tall

Steve Tall

Aug 28, 2010
  15. pmwc78

pmwc78 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 4, 2010
    Another great Chitlangi by Tirtha. The Bhanduk is one mean looking but pretty blade. I hate sticking to a budget.

16. Svashtar

Svashtar

Dec 28, 2003
    That Bhanduk knife is just amazing. I would have been on that in a second if I had the $. What beautiful work by Rajkumar, and also looks strong as can be.

Someone help me out here: have all the new Tarwars been full chiruwa handle? I have two older ones and they are not pinned handles. In the longer swords the chiruwa tang really helps balance the blade.

I'll repeat from the other day, and can't believe that this Tarwar is still available. Funny how some knives get snapped up in seconds and the others have to go thru 3 or 4 DOTD to get sold. The only "blem" about this is a slightly loose scabbard, which is a 30 second fix.

If someone buys it and wants a peice of scrap leather to glue in the throat to snug it up let me know.

17. Svashtar

Svashtar

Dec 28, 2003
    Nice snag, and you'll find it to be a razor I'm sure. That's more properly a "BGRS" or _Baby_ Ganga Ram Special. ;)

18. Joekido

Joekido

Apr 18, 2009
    email sent...
    Beautifullly done 20 inch 35 ounce Bhanduk Knife by Rajkumar the (prince). Chiruwa style horn handle. Steel gauard. It truly is a work of art. Add to ever-growing collection at $215.

19. blade54

blade54

Feb 10, 2011
    No Worries MobileNinja.

This will be my first Kuhkri & HI item.
    I'm really excited luck was with me today.

20. Sej

Sej

Mar 28, 2011
    I ordered a 15" villager GRS yesterday as well, also my first HI item and kuhkri (well, not couting my father's 40+ year old khukri that I borrow occasionally). I hope mine is as pretty as yours!