Deals for 3/30 --Pix Tarwar, Bhanduk and Great Buys

Discussion in 'Himalayan Imports' started by Yangdu, Mar 30, 2011.

1. Original

Original

Sep 28, 2007
    Nice chitlange, a couple more inches longer and I would have to own it. Blade54, you are going to get HIKV, but you will be in the right crowd to help with the symptoms,,,

2. DanSmithy

DanSmithy

Jul 19, 2010
    :D I was wondering who snapped this beauty...
    Congrats on a (still) very rare piece of art.
    Really nice job.

3. Joekido

Joekido

Apr 18, 2009
    I am the lucky Dog....:)..thank you...I am really looking forward to holding it in my hand....thanks for the congrats...;)

4. Steely_Gunz

Steely_Gunz Got the Khukuri fevah Moderator

May 9, 2002
    Why has no one bought that Tarwar and saved me from myself? Just under the Falcata on my lust list is a chiruwa tarwar.

I could sooooo see making a new scabbard for that beauty. Over the shoulder cross strap with some cool stamps/tooling...:p<drool>

5. wintermute

wintermute Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 18, 2007
    Because it's more important to save yourself from the zombies than from yourself. We're doing you a favor.

6. tulsamal

tulsamal

May 14, 1999
    Jake, so will you make that scabbard for me if I buy the sword and "save you?" Obviously I would pay you! We could even have it shipped straight to you so you could do the scabbard and then send the whole thing to me when I send you the money. I'm only suggesting this because I've had this issue with these knives before. I buy them and play with them and then they sit in a drawer because I can't figure out a good way to actually carry them around the farm while working. Some kind of strap that would put the sword on the back would keep it out of the way until I needed it. But I've never actually made such a thing myself!

In any case, I'm tired of checking this listing every hour or so to see if somebody has actually bought the Tarwar or not. I've been hoping for a katana for a long time but I might as well start out with this more utilitarian sword! I'll take it!

Gregg

7. Steely_Gunz

Steely_Gunz Got the Khukuri fevah Moderator

May 9, 2002
    Gregg, I would love to:) However, I'm a swimming pool salesman by trade, and I'm running out of time to tinker for the next 6 months. Also, please keep in mind that my work is very crude if bulletproof:p I would shoot Heber an email (he's the guy that started the guns and knives thread going on over in the Cantina). He's an awesome leather bender who is light years beyond me in skill.

That said, if you want a very crude yet functional sword sling/sheath and are willing to wait until the fall to ship it, I have no problem taking on the job:) It'd be my pleasure to do it for material costs alone. It's a hobby of mine, and the first time I make a buck on it it's become a job. I already have one of those;) So scratch that, I'll do it pro bono and donate the material. But like I said, my REAL 9-5 (actually 7-6+ seven days a week) is upon me full swing right now. Just lemme know around the end of August, and I'll be happy to do it. Shouldn't take more than a week turn around :)

8. Joekido

Joekido

Apr 18, 2009
    Email sent!
    20.5 inch 30 ounce Chitlangi by Tirtha. Satisal wood handle. Top quality work by Tirtha. Perfect gift for your loved one at $165

9. b.c.molin

b.c.molin

Nov 28, 2008
    Yes, and they have only been available in the last few months.

But at the cost of an increase of around 8 to 12 ounces in weight and with a considerably larger grip circumference.

As yet, I am unaware of anyone who owns both styles and has posted a comparison of them, but hopefully sooner or later some kind forumite will do so?

10. Joekido

Joekido

Apr 18, 2009
    "20.5 inch 30 ounce Chitlangi by Tirtha. Satisal wood handle. Top quality work by Tirtha." I just opened the tri-box and there she lays...the fit,finish and the lines are super...the Chitlangi fits so nice in my hands...hate to use the word "perfect" but it fits...I really like it..thank you Yangdu and the Kami's..boy did I score big..

"Beautifullly done 20 inch 35 ounce Bhanduk Knife by Rajkumar the (prince)". Chiruwa style horn handle. Steel gauard. It truly is a work of art.
    Boy ole Boy! what a blade...I am so totally hooked...thanks guys for not sharking me out of this...I am the proud owner of both of these Bhanduk's this 20 incher and the smaller I believe 17.5..I can't think I am in heaven right now...if another comes around you have to snatch it up...I am truly amazed....I am a lucky dog..sicking isn't it...:)

11. heinlein

heinlein

Aug 23, 2010
    All of Tirtha's work seems to be top notch.

My Bandhuk was listed as 15" but I measure it closer to 15.5" and I have to agree it's a neat blade and I'm glad I sharked it.

12. willywonka

willywonka

Mar 26, 2004
    email sent for the Chitlangi by Tirtha.

13. willywonka

willywonka

Mar 26, 2004
    oh, just read Joekid's post: is the Chitlangi by Tirtha gone??

14. Joekido

Joekido

Apr 18, 2009
    Hello WillyWonka,

Cool name...Yes I have the Chitlangi..man is it nice..the wood on this Chitlangi is carved really nice and it fits perfectly in the hand...The blade is balanced very nice and it swings quite fluidly..Good luck with Sharking you one..you won't regret it...I haven't...

15. willywonka

willywonka

Mar 26, 2004
    dam...... I was so fired up for it too! I guess Yangdu hasn't marked it as SOLD yet on the pix. I've been waiting for a super clean looking Chitlangi by Tirtha for a bit. Mebbe next time. Yangdu, please email me at email I sent you with any other options, thank you!

16. willywonka

willywonka

Mar 26, 2004
    joe, I have an ang, how does the Chitlangi swing in comparison. I want something tough enough, but much faster than an ang.

17. Joekido

Joekido

Apr 18, 2009
    Hi willywonka,

I don't have an ang at this time to compare...must put that on my wants list (wow what a list)..lol..I was extremely pleased how nice she swings for the size of the blade...it is just a little tip heavy which I believe Khurka's should be...I like fast blades also...but feels so nice in the hand...you just want to pick it up and play with it..it calls one's name...:)..thank you again Yangdu..what a sweet blade from Tirtha.