1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Important Info! Deceased makers

Discussion in 'Custom & Handmade Knives' started by Bobby Branton, Aug 12, 2012.

1. Ed Fowler

Ed Fowler

Jul 21, 2001
    Ray Appleton

2. Bobby Branton

Bobby Branton Moderator Moderator

Dec 12, 1998
    Thanks everyone. I am still moving forward with this project. I am still looking for a name for the domain and need to raise enough cash to get my web guy started.

3. buckthorn

buckthorn

Mar 20, 2006
    Woody Naifeh-made unusual little all-metal folders (and, perhaps, other styles) and lived somewhere in the western US.

4. Ed Fowler

Ed Fowler

Jul 21, 2001
    Glen Marshall from Texas.

5. Masao Takahashi 2/2013

6. rick melear

rick melear Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 28, 1998
    Will always miss McBurnette and Easler, the two that got me hooked on custom knives and were very fine gentlemen as well.

7. Keith Montgomery

Keith Montgomery

May 9, 2000
    Gib Guignard passed away in July, 2005. Glenn Marshall died the 18th of September, 2010.

8. Ralph Selvideo- Rattler brand knives

9. SharpByCoop

SharpByCoop Enjoying the discussions Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 8, 2001
    Norm Bardsley - Dec 2011

10. Bobby Branton

Dec 12, 1998
    Thanks guys for the help, but PLEASE read the list real good before posting as some names that you are adding have already been added. It only confuses me more :) The list is getting to be unreal with the amount of great makers and friends that we have lost and it only seems to be growing.

11. Jakester

Jakester Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 24, 2005
    Phil Boguszewski

12. Skywalker01

Skywalker01

Jul 3, 2013
    Stan Fujisaka not sure if it was 2013 or 2014

13. T. Erdelyi

T. Erdelyi

Feb 3, 2001
    Thanks for the list Bobby, I was looking for something exactly like this or at least trying to start a list my self, thank you again, did you ever get your domain name and start this site up.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2014
  14. Bobby Branton

Dec 12, 1998
    I think I have finally come up with a name to buy. I just need to get some extra cash for hosting and to get my web guy to put something up.

Not sure I have added them, but I will make note here.

Steve Fecas
    Tommy Lee
    Colin Cox
    Dan Mink
    Jim Serven
    Jim Pugh
    Ted Dowell
    Ron Frazier
    Ruffin Johnson

Last edited: Jan 27, 2014
  15. Lycosa

Lycosa

Aug 24, 2007
    AJ Hubbard.

16. Bobby Branton

Dec 12, 1998
    Already on the list.
    BB

17. A C Richards

A C Richards

Apr 14, 2006
    Frank Gamble passed a couple of months ago. Aug or Sep 2013. Long time maker who I first met in 1993 at the Solvang show. I moved to Salem Or and found out he lived about 5 miles from me. Never was able to get over to his place until it was too late.

18. Will York

Will York Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 21, 2000
    I see you have a question mark next to Clyde Fischer's name. Clyde passed away on July 7, 2001.

He is missed.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2014
  19. rgorman

rgorman

Feb 28, 2013
    L. B. Lienemann, Billings Mt. , ?, and I think I read that P J Tomis passed.